cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 101 of 272

Re: BT Home Hub 4

Put an order in for Infinity over a week ago. Got told I would be sent a HH3. Actually got sent a HH4. Strangely they sent me the ADSL package. Same HH4, but I think just includes microfilters and slightly different quickguide (both quickguides available on BT help pages).

Got Infinity turned on yesterday. All working ok for a day. Then at lunchtime today I turned off the HH4 to move it and rearrange cables under the TV. After half an hour turned it back on. It all went blue to say everything was alright. However, all devices (laptop, BT Vision box, Android phone, PS3) now said no access to the internet. Eventually I rang BT and a chap overseas ran a full test of the connection from the exchange to my modem and HH4 router. He said everything was correct and it was connected at my max of 40Mbps. He didn't know why devices couldn't connect to the internet and suggested I wait and try again tomorrow.

After a few more hours I thought I might as well try a factory reset of the HH4. Did it and, bang, everything back on the internet again. The firmware version didn't change. So something on the HH4 was stopping my devices connecting to the net and a HH4 factory reset solved it.

When it wasn't working properly the log was full of these types of entries.

IN: BLOCK [15] Default policy ....

OUT: BLOCK [15] Default policy ....

BLOCKED 1 more packets (because of Default policy)

0 Ratings
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 102 of 272

The HH4 includes a built in firewall, it could have been blocking your devices from connecting, it has happened with my HH3 before but I didn't factory reset.

0 Ratings
crazyal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 103 of 272

Ordered Infinity on the 16th and Order Confirmation email says HH3. I've emailed them to see what they say but may need to follow it up with a call.

Al

0 Ratings
brianzion
Aspiring Expert
Message 104 of 272

if im correct they dont send it out to you till a few days before the engineer is due

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 105 of 272

The expected delivery date for hardware should be clear on the order summary on My BT.

For me I think the hardware was sent out 2 days before the expected delivery date. I could tell because a Royal Mail tracking number appeared on the order summary once it had been sent out.

0 Ratings
Johnelf
Contributor
Message 106 of 272

As you ordered after the 10th May, you are entitled to a HH4, but will be sent a HH3 as per your order confirmation.
I would submit a complaint on the complaints system here.
There web site clearly states you get their new and exciting router. Under sales laws they therefore are required to send you there latest router. I did and they conceded I was correct and HH4 on its way
0 Ratings
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 107 of 272

Going by the press release and ignoring the images shown on BT.com, I can't see why they're not sending HH4's.

For example:

On BTShop, the adsl version currently has 183 in stock, the Infinity version has over 200 in stock and if you want a used one, yes BT are already selling used HH4's, then they have them too for £25.96. The used ones only have a 90 day warranty.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
p_sims
Beginner
Message 108 of 272

I ordered last week (16th) and got told I'd be getting a HH3.
As per this forum I called and complained. I was told that as I have a discounted offer on my package, I wouldn't get the HH4. I complained via email and was told that the HH4 was only being made available after 1st June.
Johnelf - where does the 10th May come in to it, and do you know what sales law I can quote back at them?
Thanks
0 Ratings
prt32
Contributor
Message 109 of 272

As you ordered after the 10th May, you are entitled to a HH4

can you tell me where it says you are entitled to a HH4
0 Ratings
Johnelf
Contributor
Message 110 of 272

On the order page where it lists the various options, you can click on the individual items listed what you get with the package.
If you click on the home hub, it says you get our best ever router.The new Hone Hub router is our best ever...etc etc.
Therefore you are entitled to think you get their new hub as advertised on Bzt.com and not an old model from Feb last year.
You are also entitled to complain under being mis sold as you expected their new router, as this is clearly what is described.
Only if you dig deeper, you find you get the HH3, then the first part is clearly mis selling and subject to Ofcom rules.
BT have conceded this already.
Complain and threaten a formal Ofcom complaint and you will be sent one.
John
0 Ratings