cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
infinidim
Expert
Message 141 of 272

Re: BT Home Hub 4

Now we are all wainting for 4.7.5.1.83.8.130.1.10.

It's quite a jump from the previous one in numbers so lets hope there is someting good fixed in it.

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
MrBelter
Expert
Message 142 of 272

I have not noticed anything different at all between the one I have just got or the one I had, mind it is working really well so I cant complain Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Craigeh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 143 of 272

Hey,

I ordered an "upgrade" BT Infinity on the 19th of May and got sent a HH3 (Type A), I was wondering if anyone has any more information on existing customers buying the HH4?

Craig

Edit: Just seen this post http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/Re-contract-on-the-1st-June-for-Free-BT-Home-Hub-4/td-p/87418...

0 Ratings
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 144 of 272

If you are a new customer you should've recieved the HH4. 

Call up BT. You should've recieved at BT Home Hub 4.

Refer them to this article: http://www.btplc.com/News/Articles/Showarticle.cfm?ArticleID=4E2E1EF5-FCBA-4CE4-B769-E48E0F68ACED

"The BT Hub 4 will be rolled out to BT Broadband and BT Infinity packages over the coming months, starting from Friday May 10. From June, existing BT customers will be able to upgrade for free to the new hub when they take out a new contract or they can buy one at a special price of £35 including VAT from www.bt.com".

0 Ratings
Craigeh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 145 of 272

Oh. Well in that case I will give them a call... or do you think it would be better contacting the forum mods (or @BTCare) and referencing this thread?

0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 146 of 272

Threaten them with the advertising standards authority as well as they have misadvertised their products as they claim you should recieve their "best ever home hub" which is now the HomeHub4 and not the 3 and if you get a 3 its misleading adverts.

0 Ratings
prt32
Contributor
Message 147 of 272

He is not a new customer?? he just ordered an upgrade. so not mis-advertised in that case.
0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 148 of 272

When I orederd an upgrade from Total Broadband to infinity a year ago i got the Hub3 which was their best ever at the time, and if you look under the sales page under my BT it will say you will get the best ever homehub so in my eyes he should have got the Hub 4 regardless of new customer or not as he has ordered a full new package.

0 Ratings
soapy
Expert
Message 149 of 272

i was just a bit early to get a hh4, i ordered at the end of march and was connected mid april, but if the hh4 is good enough it would be worth the £35 they are asking for existing customers and i would probably get myself one, having said that my hh3 has given me no problems yet and the wireless seems reasonable on it so i wont rush but the first sign of something going wrong with it, hh4 here i come

0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 150 of 272

I did a little review on the Hub4 on these forums if you are interested with signal and speed tests.
0 Ratings