cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) dropping connection several times a day

My Home Hub 5 has been restarting and/or dropping connection several times a day since mid-July, around the same time the firmware was updated. The lights on the hub go orange and an orange 'b' lights up. The connection always comes back within a minute or so but it's still very frustrating.

The internet drops out on both wired and wireless connections.

I've seen many other posts about this but no suggested solutions solve the problem. I find it hard to believe the firmware is not to blame here, as some responses from moderators have tried suggesting. Myself and everyone else would really appreciate it if you could either roll back the firmware to the previous version or roll out a hotfix.

In the meantime could I have some assistance to resolve this please?

Please don't waste your time telling me to buy another router. The router worked fine before the firmware update.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) dropping connection several times a day

Try a factory reset of the hub hloding the recessed button at the back down for 20 seconds.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Will I lose all my settings by doing this? I have various port forwarding rules setup that I don't really want to have to apply again only to find that the factory reset didn't solve the problem.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

You will lose the settings but you could do a back up of the settings first then restore them via the back up after the factory reset.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi @remondo and thanks for posting.

If resetting the hub doesn't fix this please drop me over an email with your details and I'll take a look at it for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

I'm still having issues despite restoring my router to factory settings.

@DavidMSorry if I'm being blind but how do I contact you? I can't find a link to do so anywhere. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi @remondo,

Thanks for posting. I've made the contact link available to you now. Just drop me over an email with your details and either myself or one of the other moderators will be in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Mod.jpgClick on the moderators name to find the link.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Hi, my connection is still dropping out at least once per day. I was told that replying to this message would alert the person I was speaking with before.

0 Ratings