cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 32

Re: BT Home Hub 5 disconnecting and slow speed

I've tried everything with the master socket, it appears that I don't have a test socket it's just all 1 together. I'm almost certain it's the router because every time it disconncts in the event log it says system reset or something like that. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 32

It seems to disconnect at a certain time period (5pm to 11pm) and only when people walk in a certain part of the house near the router. If find this very strange as no one else has this problem. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 32

IMG_0735.PNGThis is what happens when it disconnects in the event log 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 32

That's all effect rather than cause, the router re-connecting after a disconnection. What happened prior to that?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 32

Where it says 'system start' that's where it happens, that's the first thing I see when it disconnects. I have no idea how this might be causing it to disconnect. Also I've wasted countless hours speaking to people on live chats and phone calls to get this fixed, I even had engineers come out in September to fix this and I was assured there were to be no more problems. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 32

You're reading it upside down, the system start happened at 18.59. The other events are at around 18.03 and are a result of a prior disconnection.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 32

I'm now almost certain it's the router that's causing this, I'm now facing more dc's each day and some even last for around ten minutes. I believe it's only a matter of time before it possibly breaks, and knowing BT if I order a new one it'll take weeks to come, or might not even come at all!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 32

I doubt that its the home hub, more likely noise on the phone line, or an internal wiring problem.

Which one of these matches your master phone socket?

nte.jpg or oldnte.jpgor adslface.jpg ornewnte.jpg

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Do you have any extension wiring?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 19 of 32

I have the 4th one, but it was recently installed in September and the phone has worked perfect ever since. My family uses the phone regularly and there's never any problems. I don't have any extension wiring. I think I mentioned this earlier and it only ever disconnects when someone walks at a certain place near the router. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 32

It could be a loose component in the SSFP, as they are rather over engineered inside.

ssfp inside.jpg

Do you have a spare microfilter by any chance?

If you can remove the bottom section of the SSFP, and plug a microfilter into the socket behind, this is an extension of the normal test socket. Then plug the home hub and the phone into that microfilter.

ssfp test socket.jpg

See if you still get the disconnections and slow speed.

0 Ratings