cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 21 of 32

Re: BT Home Hub 5 disconnecting and slow speed

My faceplate is the MK4 and it doesn't have a test socket that I know of it's just all in one from what I can see. I don't have a microfilter either.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 32

I expect you mean this one.

mk4 ssfp.jpg

I believe that this just clips over the existing NTE5. The test socket would be behind that.

It could easily be making a bad connection, so it may be worth checking that it is clipped in properly. Perhaps unclip it, then clip it back on again just to check its seated properly. Somebody may have bumped ito it and dislodged it slightly.

Unless you have a microfilter, there is nothing you can do to prove the fault out to the external network, or within the new SSFP.

I can see some unexpected charges being raised by Openreach, if people cannot prove the fault out of their houseSmiley Sad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 23 of 32

I tried that about a week ago and it didn't seem to do anything. Come to think about it there were two wires cut out of the other 3 or 4 that were there. Can't think of what colour they were though.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 24 of 32

I just did the trouble shooter on BT's website and it said there's no fault on your line, and they said that the fault may be with your equipment. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 25 of 32

I've had a few drop outs recently and i will keep track of the time it happens, then I'll go into the event log and see what caused it. And the first thing it says at the time it went off is 'system start'. Again, i have no idea what might be causing it to do this be I'm sure it's not the line because I just had a new one put in back in September to fix this exact problem but clearly it didn't work, I'm almost certain it's the router specifically because it makes a loud obnoxious buzzing sound when using it. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 26 of 32

I just received the BT smart hub on Wednesday and the problem still persists, I just can't see it being something to do with the line as it's only a couple months old. I was wondering if it's a wireless problem but if that is the case it's kind of irrelevant as I'm very limited as to where I can move my router.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 27 of 32

Smart Hub randomly rebooting?

I recently got my new smart hub a couple of weeks ago and it seems to reboot or restart almost once everyday, in the home hub manager the network time and system time both reset when it reboots or whatever it does. I assume it's not the line as I had a new one installed in September. I've also done everything in the hub manager that I've been recommended and I've moved the router around and it's not done anything. 

Current firmware: SG4B10002244

Also my noise margin fluctuates whenever it happens.

Noise margin:
9.8 / 9.3

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 32

Re: Smart Hub randomly rebooting?

As you have an existing thread on this problem, I have merged your new thread with this one, as there is no need to start a new thread, as it can cause information to be repeated again.

It can still be the line, probably a high resistance joint or noise. A large number of line errors can cause a restart.

As its still happening with the smart hub, then it has to be the line, or the way you have the home hub connected.

Do you have any othe phone sockets apart from the one you described earlier in this thread?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 29 of 32

The only socket I have us the master socket 5c.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 32

@CoreyNelson wrote:

The only socket I have us the master socket 5c.

Is your phone also plugged into that socket?

0 Ratings