cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 61 of 79

Re: BT Home Hub 5 frequently disconnects (regret infinity so far)

Not sure to this new ruling for the dlm thing. Some reports on plusnet & kitz say changes have already been in place so no real impact will be noticed. 

Seen as its  "BT",  I'll hazard a guess... nothing much will change anytime soon. :oops:

Having a stable line with the openreach modem wont do any harm though 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 62 of 79

well im stuck on 72 down 20up with 8ms of interleave and another guy is stuck on 60 with even more interleave, think of all the people whos had faulty lines fixed recently without an profile reset theyre gonna be stuck so they should be able to leave with no fees because thats shambolic. i want interleave off so cmon bt send me an engineer for free of charge for your incompetence.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 63 of 79

A BT engineer phoned me before and said he'd been to my house and the overhead line goes through some trees further down my street and that's probably causing noise on the line. He couldn't fix it as he didn't have the parts so he's raised a new fault for another engineer to follow-up.

I was a bit shocked as I wasn't expecting a call, and didn't really understand how parts can fix a line through trees so just thanked him and left it like that. I'm suspicious though as my previous ADSL connection was very stable and the line and trees were obviously there previously. Is VDSL simply that much more suseptable to noise?

I think what AJWard was saying might be true, lifes too short to keep on at BT and I should just purchase an Open Reach modem Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 64 of 79

Its good that BTO have been out to take a look and seen a possable issue that can be fixed.

I agree 100% to with  AJWard's post. 

Openreach modems are excellent and very stable  - 

Maybe ask the Openreach engineer when the fixing the issue,  if they have any spare modems on the van.....Tea/biscuits ect might help 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 65 of 79

you will be ok barry as an engineer will be able to reset your profile, i might try blag to bt theres a fault its only way im gonna have lower latency and better speeds again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 66 of 79

Yes once the lines reset then if , thats a big if, the dlm is swiched off the line should be in permanent fast mode 🙂

Don't think it will be easy getting bt openreach out this time of year though,  plus there is always that £150 risk 😞 :eek: 

I've been lucky,  the lines been connected no stop for nearly 40 days ( the last time I changed modems)  & been in fast mode since before summer. {Thanks Ray!}

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 67 of 79

Another day of frustration.  It's 09:45 and the connection has already been dropped 12 times today.

Spent a long time on Chat with BT yesterday.  From the conversation the day before with BT (India) they wouldn't believe that there was a problem until the connection was dropped on "wired connection".  Rather poetically the connection was dropped during the chat session from a wired in laptop.  The response was that we will send an new hub 5.  So i asked them to send an openreach modem as well - of course they can't do that as they are supplied by the engineers and anyhow you don't need one as the HH5 has a modem in it and I am assured that the new HH5 will solve all my problems.

Then went on to ask about the speed. In my order confirmation it was estimated that I sould get speeds of 26.1/6.2 and running the speed tests whilst on the chat session only had speeds on 10.6/2.4.  Needless to say they couldn't shed any light on this other than to say they will be monitoring my connection and the new HH5 will solve the speed issue.

Such is my confidence in BT that I'm looking on line to find a Openreach modem.  Can any one tell me how i can tell if a ECI one?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 68 of 79

Look at the label on the bottom?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 69 of 79

Ray

I missed typed.  I meant to ask how can I tell if i need an ECI one

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 70 of 79

You mean as opposed to a HG612? I would always recommend a HG612 v3B as it can easily be unlocked and certain services disabled.

However, you may wish to match the chipset in the cab and so you would need to identify which cab you have.

Alternatively you could think about a 3rd party device such as a Billion 8800NL

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings