cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 59

BT Home Hub 5 (no not a spelling mistake)

OK. So just after announcing the Home Hub 4, they release the Home Hub 5.

The Home Hub 5 is set to cope with BT's new package of 300Mbps download and 30Mbps upload.

Home Hub 4 on the left - Home Hub 5 on the right

Home Hub 4 on the left - Home Hub 5 on the right

Ok. If anyone knows, can anyone point me to the sources of where this was found? I heard it was in a video form?

Also it also states that it is a combined ADSL/VDSL router, but why is there still a WAN port?

0 Ratings
58 REPLIES 58
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 59

Re: BT Home Hub 5 (no not a spelling mistake)

this was posted earlier this morning  http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Home-Hub-5/td-p/920348

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 59

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 59

The one shown is a mock up version pre trial
0 Ratings
dcullum
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 59

I assume the WAN port is for FTTP/H users, as an ethernet port will still be required in this scenario
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 6 of 59

Hopefully I'll get to test one of these badboys, hopefully it will still work with the openreach modem as i currently have the Hub 4 one side of the room and the modem the other and i wanna keep the modem cable as short as possible and use cat 6 ethernet to extend any cables as i dont wanna sacrafice any speed coming into the house.

Also a bit peeved that the home hub 4 we only got less than 2 months ago is now old technology, 2 months is blooming quick to announce a successor.

0 Ratings
Enigma123
Expert
Message 7 of 59

This is going to be used across the range including FTTC but has BT had the fore sight to have this vector enable or even capable!?
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 59

As the hub 5 has a built in VDSL modem I would not be sure if you could still use the old Openreach modem as well

It looks like it is being released as part of the infinity self install package that is due to be started shortly as the hub 4 will still be supplied to non fibre customers
0 Ratings
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 59

@Studey3D. It will probably provided in a trial period (Hope I get accepted). Just like the Home Hub 4. I am intrested in the combined VDSL/ADSL modem. It at least free's up a power socket, which is good for me. The only diffrence I can see is that it has a blue instead of a shiny black. BT may also announce a 802.11ac dongle to go with it. I will probably have to buy a new modem cable as it is too short or I move it lower down than where it is now.

0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 10 of 59

I'm also on the beta team, so hope i get picked. It does have a WAN port so i presume the old modem could still be used, otherwise i will have to stash the thing behind the TV which will kill the wireless signal.

0 Ratings