cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 59

Re: BT Home Hub 5 (no not a spelling mistake)

It muust be pretty annyoing to find out no there is a Home Hub 5 when you have just got your Home Hub 4. But if you are going to get the HH5 as an upgrade it will probably be around £38?

0 Ratings
MBR123
Expert
Message 22 of 59

I have just paid £35.00 + P&P for my HH4!!!. Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Please click on white star to the left and say thanks if I have helped you at all!. 🙂 Thank you. Some handy links Copy & Paste:-
http://bthomehub.home/
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html
http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed
0 Ratings
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 59

It seems it was a bit too quick on realsing the Home Hub 5. Maybe they should of called it HH 4.5? I hope BT allows us to send it back and pay a bit more to get the HH5. 

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 59

I am puzzled about some of the specs regarding the HH5,if as some have posted,it is in fact a combined VDSL Modem/Router,then unless it has 2 separate DSL input ports FTTH [fibre port] and also a normal RJ11 VDSL port,it could not be used for both.?

0 Ratings
Sylver123
Expert
Message 25 of 59

If the HH5 is infact a combined VDSL Modem+Router, I wonder if we'll

be able to view / access our full VDSL line status or have they locked 

this information like they did with the openreach modem.

I also wonder if the HH5 is a combined VDSL Modem+Router, if

we'll get any better sync speed etc than the openreach modem.

0 Ratings
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 59

Apparntley the images I showed you were a test model, so its likely that it will be removed sometime later.

Also I hear that 802.11ac has beamforming technology, it detects where devices are and might intesnify the signal for it. Standard Wifi beams out in all directions. Not sure if the Home Hub 5 will include this though. Also. Does anyone know if the smart beaming technology applies to all other wifi standards such as a,b,g,n? and not just ac?

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 27 of 59

I am not an expert on wifi,but am an electronics engineer.

From a hardware/software point of view,I would assume that the smart beaming technology [if used] would apply to all wifi standards.?

The idea is not new as it proberly uses sensor circuits to control the beam to the strongest point instead of just setting the beam angle,which then depends on the placing of the device [HH],it was used by radar tracking devices years ago to keep the beamed signal inline instead of just sending it at random.

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 59

@ironman123 wrote:

I am puzzled about some of the specs regarding the HH5,if as some have posted,it is in fact a combined VDSL Modem/Router,then unless it has 2 separate DSL input ports FTTH [fibre port] and also a normal RJ11 VDSL port,it could not be used for both.? 

It will have the same ports as the hub 4, a dsl port for the adsl/vdsl signal, and a wan port for the fttp modem.

@Enigma123 wrote:
Im not talking about the Cat5 cable im on about the DSL cable.
The more they increase the speed of the connection the standard telephone DSL cable will start to show its age, as Cat3 cable did now Cat5 is shifting over for Cat6 but this Flat DSL cable has not changed.

Yes I know what cable you are on about and it is still fit for purpose. They wouldn't include one in the box if it wasnt...

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 59

Wait what, does would this home hub 5 work with FTTP/H when it's a all in one and has a Etherent port? And no fibre port for the incoming fibre
0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 30 of 59

GeekOfBroadband,

That is why I am puzzled,FTTH/P has a fibre optic cable that plugs into the Modem [no RJ11 or phone line needed].?

So if the HH5 only has one input port [RJ11 ethernet],how could it work with FTTH.?

But if the fibre only runs upto the current master socket,then it is not true fibre all the way to the modem.?

If the HH5 is not a combined Modem/Router [OR Modem still needed] then it is just a newer version of the HH4 and my questions above need no answers.

0 Ratings