Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sven1
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

BT Home Hub 6 Wireless Issues

Hi everyone!

I have just returned as a new customer to BT. Everything has gone to plane, excellent communication on when my connection was up and running etc.

I am on BT Infinity unlimited up to 52MB, and is working fine except for one big issue!

I was given the Home Hub 6, and by the looks of it by reading other people’s issues on here, I have had issues with the wireless side of things. I connected the router when I was meant too, and everything worked for 3 hours or so without any issues. Then it all started, mobile phone not working (Android) laptop not working and so on. They were connected but no internet access.

I have gone through everything possible to fix the issue, but nothing has worked unfortunately!

The Hub 6 has the latest firmware installed. It installed this on first start up!

Luckily I have got my old Hub 4 and Openreach Modem, so still can use the internet.

But would like to know where possible, I could get a replacement for the Hub 6, if I can?

As mentioned I have done everything possible to fix the issues that others on here have mentioned, but nothing has worked!

Thanks!

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Home Hub 6 Wireless Issues

If you're not happy with the wireless on your Hub 4 you could consider getting a good third party modem/router.  Asus, Billion, TP-Link for example.  Many people on the forum Use TP-Link and are happy with them.  The VR600 is quite well regarded.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

when you say you have tried everything did that include separating the 2.4/5ghz networks as some devices don't like then together  not a problem with the hh4

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sven1
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

Yes, I tried separating the SSID. No good. I have reset the router to factory settings, no differece.

What is the next step now for me?

I'm I able to get another router from BT to try as this one I have got is definitely faulty.

I have noticed some users have been getting the Hub 5 as a replacement, is this a normal thing BT would do?

Obvisuly there is an known issue with the Hub 6 wireless issues, are BT still looking into this issue and working on it?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

I have used hh6 since outset, including testing, and don't have any problem with the wireless connection.

if you separated the networks did you also try changing the wireless mode?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sven1
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

I have changed wireless mode as well.

I'm I going to get an answer about a replacement router? How to get one if possible.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

you need to phone customer services for a replacement hub

0 Ratings
teresasue
Contributor
Message 8 of 13

good luck with that. Bt are totally useless they refuse to admit after firmware updates it renders them useless. most of us gone back to hh5. Factory resets dont work either nothing does they are a load of rubbish im afraid. You will soon have a nice collection of bt hubs
0 Ratings
teresasue
Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Good luck try a hh5 as hh6 are useless
0 Ratings
DaveD
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

I have three now a 4 & 5 & 6 🙂