cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 37

Re: BT Home Hub 6

You will not be prevented from using BT Wifi. I use a TP-link router instead of the Home Hub and don't transmit BT wifi. I use BT wifi a lot without problem.

0 Ratings
billynibbles
Beginner
Message 32 of 37

MJH62 - Many thanks, that's put my mind at rest. The thought occured to me that if HH6s are being sent out with this as a default and seemingly no way to alter it, then the number of hotspots will be going down, not up. Go figure, as our American cousins say.Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Montala
Aspiring Expert
Message 33 of 37

I have just received a new Home Hub 6 (Smart Hub) which seems to be working well!

Having just checked back I see that the latest firmware version should end in 21EC which mine does, although it is dated 21st May 2016 and I am a bit surprised, bearing in mind that this is a fairly new piece of kit, that haven't been any further updates since then?

Or perhaps I am expecting too much! Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 37

should be a new firmware update shortly following on from the thread about problems  my hub is 21EC

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
barnsbury
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 37

I just joined BT Infinity 2 and have been using the Home Hub 6 since Monday. It seems to be working fine.

There have been a few disconnections but I think maybe that is because I am in the 10 day new connection period.

Firmware version:
SG4B100021EC
Firmware updated:
12-May-2016

0 Ratings
mbdmbd
Beginner
Message 36 of 37

Frankly this is just pedantry. The point of the original question is why won't the hub assign the same IP number always, when it has been instructed to do so. Further discussion of whether this constitutes a static IP/fixed IP/assigned IP/or whatever purist term you favour does not contribute to the discussion. The question at hand is Why won't the hub perform the functionality R_G mentions above. I've tried it and it simply won't remember the instruction.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 37

Because its a totally rubbish piece of kit with bug-ridden firmware.

If people were a little more pedantic, life would be much simpler. In engineering you can't afford to use terms loosely with multiple meanings. Precision is all.