cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rainbow1
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Home Hub Access from Browser is slow

Hi, a quick question on accessing the router.

Sometimes when trying to access the 'BT Home Hub 3.0' from IE9, it takes an age to open in the browser, even to get a Login page takes a couple of minutes? when logged in to get to any other page takes the same time. Other than this, the Router as a device works fine with other web pages (i.e Google etc) opening quickly? I wrote an application to access the router programmaticaly from a .NET application to log the SNR, Speed etc (similar to RouterStats) and this behaves the same i.e can't get a login, so it appears the issue is with the router itself. Resetting the router sometimes clears the problem but not every time. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Deraak
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Home Hub Access from Browser is slow

Hi, I am having exactly the same problem. Sometimes the page opens immediately other times it can take up to a minute if not more. BT, is this a problem with the firmware and IE9?

0 Ratings
DPRussell
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

I had the same problem, using Firefox. My home network was working fine until BT installed a new homehub and it took a little while for me to discover the problem: an IP Address conflict. My previous Router used the stanard http://192.168.0.1 address, whereas the BT Homehub uses http://192.168.1.254. Ordinarily that wouldn't matter, except that I have TP-Link wireless access unit on the FreeSat box, which just happens to have the same default address used by BT.

I changed the IP address on the TP-Link unit and the BT Homehub pages now respond instantly.

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Rainbow1
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Hi, Thanks for the reply. Not sure I have the same problem as my home network has only 3 PC's (2 media centres and a desktop) and one laptop on it which are mostly in sleep mode (apart from my desktop where I usually access the Router from), also as they all use the Routers DHCP server, I assume they all get allocated their IP address from the Router?

0 Ratings