cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tlmacgregor
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Home Move disaster

Is it normal practise for BT to cancel a home move order without bothering to notify us first? We ordered at the end of November for a December 9th move and we're offered a date of 14th, not ideal as it's a mobile black spot but 5 days is bearable. Checked progress on the 13h. BT had cancelled it! Hubby and I both called, foreign call centre were useless for me but hubby was apologised to and promised 24-48 hours for connection....still absolutely nothing at over 48 hours. Seriously disappointed with BT, no broadband and no way of communicating with anyone and he possibility of having to wait until the 22nd!
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Home Move disaster

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

If you ordered BT Infinity, then its possible that Openreach rejected the order if there was no capacity left in the fibre cabinet.

You should however get a phone line connection provided Openreach have a spare appointment slot.

0 Ratings
tlmacgregor
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thank you so much!
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 4

@tlmacgregor Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

We're quire busy at the moment so it may take a few days for us to get back to you so I'd also recommend you get in touch the the orders team on this link as they should be able to update you as to what's happening.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings