cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Home hub 2 on PC

Go to solution

Hello all,

I have just installed the BT Home hub 2, however my wired connection to the PC does not work. The connection just times out and I have tried using the windows solutions to fix but it says there is the default gateway is not available and just disconnects if I load a webpage. The PC reads the packets etc but I cannot load any webpages unless the Wifi is on (Motherboard has a wifi connection) I use Windows 10.

If I use my old BT Home hub 5, it is connected to a Huawei Model: Echolife HG612 BT openreach box on my desk. I use the WAN port to connect the hub

Wired and Wifi work no problem at all on the hub 5

Does anyone know a solution I could try?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Home hub 2 on PC

Go to solution

It sounds like your wired network adapter is set for static and the IP address set is already in use (IP Clash) 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

sorry but you are connecting the SH2 direct to the master socket and missing out the modem as modem is no longer required for FTTC

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks yes thats what I thought

Is the Smart Hub 5 with the Modem the best thing to continue using?

Not sure what I can do with the Smart hub 2

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

I have already done this and unfortunatley it didnt work

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I have switched off the smart set up and restarted the smart hub 2 and its only connected by a wired connection

wifi is off 

thanks so much Keith

0 Ratings