Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Home hub not connected message

Go to solution

We use my wife's XP sp3 laptop wirelessly at home, but when we use it away from home on a 'paid for' wireless providers network (as no BTFon is avaliable at that location), we occasionally get the BT Home hub not connected message come up in an IE page. How can it be turned off, there is no solution in BT FAQs?

Regards

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Home hub not connected message

Go to solution

Hi, Sounds more like a something to do with the Window's O.S so I can understand why there is nothing in the BT FAQ's, however you could try clearing the cache on I.E

Raid

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for that. Naturally I cannot test this until we are in that environment, but it seems logical.

Regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Just for good measure, I would install another web browser while you still have internet access. Then if you have the same problem, try the other web browser and see if that works.

I noticed that you said it says that the Hub is switched off. This is the message that appears when there is no internet connection at all.

Maybe the WiFi had dropped and there was no signal for a small period of time, then when it went to go to the 'page cannot be displayed' screen it redirected you to the 'hub is switched off' message because it had been cached previously.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks

0 Ratings