Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 34

Re: BT HomeHub 4 - unreliable

@DS wrote:

The latest firmware, which most of us appear to be on, is working for me.

What would be nice is to have a list produced of what each firmware upgrade actually cures or why it was produced. The only difference I've spotted is the availability to synch 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, though not really looked in this yet.

Totally Agree !

BT Should also insure there firmware site is up to date as to the correct upto date firmware.

Im sure the mods here know some of us have ocd issues and like to know the ins and out of everything.

Please sort it!

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 34

@Johnelf wrote:
Totally Agree !

BT Should also insure there firmware site is up to date as to the correct upto date firmware.

Im sure the mods here know some of us have ocd issues and like to know the ins and out of everything.

Please sort it!

John

Hopefully one of the mods will pick this up and get this corrected.

While they're at it, and unrelated to the hub in any way, the boot screen on the Vision box still states copyright 1997-2012 and unless I'm wrong, we're in 2013!

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 34

@planetf1 wrote:

Loosing track of number of crashes now. 

Would expect fw to be more reliable,  and rather than guessing at cause would expect better logging and diagnosis. The hub has been running a few days only. 

Who says it's the firmware, you could have a faulty unit, it happens. If it was firmware related I'd expect to see alot more posts on here describing the same problems. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 14 of 34

thanks - herein lies the issues though -- since none of us have access to any real problem determination logs which might explain why the router crashed we have to guess. clearly recreation is helpful, but is also time consuming.

HW fault is certainly a possibility but as a software engineer myself I can be pretty sure the chance of a sw glitch (there's a huge amount of variability in different installs) is much higher. For example I have quite a lot of devices, a mix of OSs, of old and now. Some traffic pattern could cause a crash, as was the cause with the HH3 and bbc iplayer when it first came out ...

But thanks for trying. It's really a reply from BT I'm hoping to get here and see if PD consists of anything other than random prods with a long stick 😉

After all the advert says:

Smart Diagnostics and in built support

When you turn your hub on it automatically does a self-check and lets you know it’s working properly. If there’s a problem the hub sends helpful advice to your browser to help you get things fixed. If there is a service problem there are simple smart diagnostic lights that appear to help you resolve things. There’s also smart services that run on the hub to help resolve more complex issues. And if all is well a super cool blue light reassures you. You can even dim it to suit your taste.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 15 of 34

Did you try a factory reset yet?

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 16 of 34

I have just ordered my HH4, coming this Thursday :). Is it any better with the Dual Channel and wireless signals?, are speeds any better at all with it?. Is there anything better about it at all over the old HH3.

Please click on white star to the left and say thanks if I have helped you at all!. 🙂 Thank you. Some handy links Copy & Paste:-
http://bthomehub.home/
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html
http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 17 of 34

@legitimise_sailing wrote:

Did you try a factory reset yet?

I would like to know this as well.

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 18 of 34

@MBR123 wrote:

I have just ordered my HH4, coming this Thursday :). Is it any better with the Dual Channel and wireless signals?, are speeds any better at all with it?. Is there anything better about it at all over the old HH3.

From my experience it has been more stable with my gigbit netwrk hanging off it.

There have been some post in other parts of this forum about people having issues with the two wireless frequencies but I haven't had any myself.

You will get a firmware upgrade in the first few days as the HH4 is shipped with an earlier version of the firmware and they need to update it to the latest production level.

It's got quite a good event log where you can see most of what is happening to the HH, not up to what you would need as a techy person but is better than the HH3.

Infinidim
Megadodo Publications
Ursa Minor Beta

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side
If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 34

Does this new home hub now support DLNA?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 34

My upload speed was dreadful with the hh4 and i have just put the hh3 back and immediately the upload speed as improved from around 2/4mb to a 8mb, so at the moment i shall be sticking with the hh3, as the download speed isn't any different.

0 Ratings