Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 17

Re: BT HomeHub 5A Firmware upgrade resulting in multiple connection drops

Go to solution
you connected to the test socket correctly if the test socket and you had no connection then there would appear to be a wiring problem
0 Ratings
Snowy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2,

Sadly, problem still there, do I need to do something different to connect to the test socket, I couldn't get it to work at all though that but it does work most of the time using the normal RJ11 socket on the Mk2 faceplate.  Would sharing my Event Log or anything else help.  It's particularly noticeable on my PC, wired connection, which drops the wired connection and try's to pick up the wireless connection instead.  Reverts back to wired a few mins later when the wired connection starts up again.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @Snowy

Thanks for posting back and confirming you've tried the steps that @JohnC2 suggested.

We will need your details to take a closer look at this for you from here.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @Snowy,

I tried calling today, sorry I missed you. Have you rceived the replacement hub? Has it improved the connection? Can you post back and let me know how you're getting on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Snowy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @DavidM, as per texts, been away from home but back now, replacement hub seems to be working fine in the 24hrs since I've been back and had it up and running thank you.  I'll let you know if anything changes but you can close this for now.  Cheers.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

@Snowy That's great I'm glad its working for you. @DavidM is not in the office at the moment but I'll pass on your message when he's back. 

DavidM
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks for getting back @Snowy.

I'm rally glad to hear this is all sorted. I'll close things off at my side but if you have any other problems post back and we'll be happy to help.

All the best

David

0 Ratings