cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 151 of 233

Re: BT HomeHub firmware upgrade broken network connectivity Ubuntu

Hi Guys

There are 2 separate issues that have been raised on the thread here so I’d just like to clarify where we are with both of them.  Sorry if there was any confusion around the testing/replication of issues on both of these.

Ubuntu issue - The issue has been replicated and the product team are working on a fix, unfortunately we don’t have a timescale for this yet.  As mentioned, one work around is to set Ubuntu to use a static IP address which can be set using a guide posted by notoriousdbp Post 83 Alternatively if you wish to continue using DHCP a post by stoe may help Post 82 or a second suggestion by idobson Post 123

Android issue – this is the issue we are still looking to replicate. The Product team are continuing to work on this with customers in order to replicate the issue and identify a fix.  It is also worth mentioning that this seems to be a wider issue and not isolated to just BT, as there are a number of threads across other forums that refer to this problem.  Currently, we would suggest either removing the Android device from the DHCP table within the Home Hub GUI, or more simply factory resetting the Hub which may resolve the issue.

We’ll keep you updated with progress here on the thread.

Thanks

Paddy,

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 152 of 233

@stob wrote:

they do not have a requirement to provide service support to Ubuntu users, although they do to Mac users.

That's b01!Ock$.  It's 2011.  Broadband is considered a utility by the majority these days and computing in the cloud as many people do means that you're choice of operating system should never inhibit your ability to use the Internet.  As I said before, the IEEE standards should ensure that problems like this don't happen and it would maybe appear that BT are flouting those standards with this current firmware, making the hub not fit for purpose as a networking device (although it is pretty and has lovely blue lights on it).

How high does this have to go to be sorted?  The frustrating thing is what they've done is a 'fix' that isn't needed in a home network unless you have more than 255 devices on your network.  The whole situation is completely unnecessary.

---Remember to mark as 'solved' and give stars when you like a post---
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 153 of 233

I wish I could give you more than one star 🙂

Highlighted
Message 154 of 233

Lol

Star added  !!

An MSCE in computing is like having a McDonalds Certification in World Cuisine, pointless.
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 155 of 233

*bump*

(Because it fell off the front page)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 156 of 233

Still having problems. This morning no connections yet again to web pages, resetting HUB no good. Have now had to show my 13 year old how to manually configure the IPv4 settings as per previous posts to get access to net again. I work away from home and my wife will never attempt to configure these settings. Come on BT get this sorted out, my 13 year old now can get the configuration corrected why can't you. This upgrade was your own doing if you cannot fix it then put us all back back to previous setting until you get a fix, it has been too long now. It appears you are just not interested in solving this problem you created with your latest upgrade.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 157 of 233

I for one am now going to go down the complaints route (http://www.btplc.com/Thegroup/RegulatoryandPublicaffairs/Codeofpractice/CustomerComplaintsCode/index...

This has gone on long enough and nothing is being done about it.

I've already cancelled my direct debit.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 158 of 233

*bump*

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 159 of 233

Re: BT HomeHub firmware upgrade broken network connectivity Ubuntu / HTC via wifi

hey,

this thread has got me up and running again but that doesn't mean i'm happy with BT, in all honesty i wish i could leave them and go with another provider but we're tied in with a contract! anyway...

i did a "settings-advanced settings-system-reset- FULL RESET" it didn't take long at all like it suggested it would and i do only have my laptop and phone connected to the network but still... it solved my andriod (HTC wildfire) WIFI problem which had me pulling my hair out!

Can't wait to get away from BT in all honesty... they don't seem to want you to be their customer

GOOD LUCK ALL!!!

(more by luck than judgement) Jon

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 160 of 233

Thank you!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy ill give you a rating

0 Ratings