cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 211 of 233

Re: BT HomeHub firmware upgrade broken network connectivity Ubuntu

Ok.. Jono's vidcast is over now so I booted into windows and... voila... Posting from within it now.

Windows spent quite a while before I got to the login screen so I suspect it was auto configuring the network connection.

Anyway.. I think I've contaminated myself enough with the five minutes I've spent within Microsofts environment. I'd better boot back into Linux before I have to start ringing a bell and shouting "Unclean....Unclean" !!

An MSCE in computing is like having a McDonalds Certification in World Cuisine, pointless.
0 Ratings
subaudio
Message 212 of 233

Cheers- just registered on the forum.  Have had this issue for months with my Android phone.  Thanks for the manual settings- they worked a treat!

Pretty poor of BT to let this continue when loads of Android phones are being sold!

0 Ratings
Tractor
Beginner
Message 213 of 233

BT, could we have an update on this subject please. I still do not have conectivity from the Ubuntu side of my XP / Ubuntu dualboot machine.

Are there plans to successfully resolve this issue or are you ignoring it in the hope that it will just go away?

How can I roll back the sofware version or is there a further firmware release that will address the DHCP issue?

I have tried the hardcoding of an IP address in the Linux side of the dualboot without success, this is a workround and not a resolution in any case.

When can I expect this issue resolved?

0 Ratings
Community Manager - Retired
Message 214 of 233

Hi Guys

Thanks for the recent comments. As mentioned previously, this ubuntu issue will be fixed in the next firmware rollout, but we do not have a date for this yet. 

I'm sorry I can’t give you any more info at this stage, but we will make sure we update this thread when we have a date for this.

Thx

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
the_daily_splash
Aspiring Contributor
Message 215 of 233

Did the Android connectivity problem with HH3 ever get resolved?

I can connect occaisionally and works fine but mostly doesn't, allocates an IP address but cant connect to internet. Connection to BTFon from my hub is fine at all times.

0 Ratings
mehtdosa11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 216 of 233

amazing to see this is still dragging on. no date for the firmware update is not really helpful is it?

my [fedora] laptop still won't connect by wireless, but will connect by cable. although i ran a live linux cd [gnewsense] on my windows desktop the other day to rescue some files from a hard drive crash and that wouldn't connect by cable either..[got the files back though..see how useful linux can be!]

i've just ordered 2 homeplugs so i can connect my just acquired humax hd freeview box and sony bravia tv to the internet, but wait..they both run the linux kernel as well.... are they going to work?

in the top 500 supercomputer list [published june 2011] linux accounts for 91%, and all of the top ten run linux. the london, qatar, new york stock exchanges now run linux. ubuntu, mint, fedora, and open suse are all vaild replacement OS's for the general public now, not discounting the ever increasing number of android [uses the linux kernel] phones also.

so come on bt, linux must be recognised alongside windows and OSX not just left as an afterthought...

Tractor
Beginner
Message 217 of 233

hi Kerry,

any news on the rollout date of the firmware upgrade, so that the Ubuntu linux side of my dual boot will connect again?

Also do you know the version number of the firmware update so that I can check it against what I've on my HH2 at present just so I know wether or not I have the latest version.

thanks

\tractor

0 Ratings
Message 218 of 233

Hi Tractor

Nothing further at the moment, but let me follow up with the team again.

This link lists all the latest firmware versions so you check against this.

Thx

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
caulfiek
Beginner
Message 219 of 233

Sir (Mr Stoe), you are a national treasure Smiley Happy

Worked on my Gateway Laptop and Sammy NC10 on Ubuntu.

Hey BT, theres lots of us lot our here using Linux to get the best performance out of our netbooks and old laptops.

K

0 Ratings
Message 220 of 233

Hi All

I have some news on this for you.  The next firmware update for the Home Hub 2b will be rolled out starting from 6th September.  This updated firmware includes the fix for the Ubuntu issue being discussed on this thread.  As with all firmware rollouts, this will take a number of weeks, and the new firmware should be delivered to all by mid-end October.

The firmware rollout is an automatic process and the updated firmware will be delivered to your hub at some point over the course of the update cycle.

Thx

Kerry

0 Ratings