cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 31 of 42

Re: BT Homehub 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Sorry if I come off as not calm. I am now, but I was pissed at the users accusing me of lying. Adding words such as **bleep** is the way I talk. Deal with it.

Second, I thought all you people with experts and stuff under the name were actual BT employees, so I seen no reason to need a moderator. Which is another reason why I was so pissed off.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 32 of 42

Like I said in my post, I get the 20 min drop out when playing BFBC2 on a PC but my son gets no problem with the same game on his PS3.

So how's that work?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 33 of 42

Hope this helps, i had similar issues when i recently joined bt but as soon as i open the ports on the router the problem disappeared, i have both xbox and ps3 and both connect great since i did this.,

http://portforward.com/

This site will give you info to do this if you've not already tried it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 42

@Spyder638 wrote:

Sorry if I come off as not calm. I am now, but I was pissed at the users accusing me of lying. Adding words such as **bleep** is the way I talk. Deal with it.

Second, I thought all you people with experts and stuff under the name were actual BT employees, so I seen no reason to need a moderator. Which is another reason why I was so pissed off.

Hi Spyder638  this my  give you  some information about the forums 

Hello and welcome to the BTCare Community Forums! 
This is where customers help other customers get the most out of their BT products and services. Before you participate, please read our Community Guidelines.

As others have said  please email the mods with your problem all they need is your bt account number and phone number and a link to this post they are very helpful and have access to all the technical  departments within bt , openreach and bt wholesale  once you have mailed them it may take a day or so  for them to reply to you as all mails to them are dealt with in order but they will reply please try them  you should get all the help and advice on your problem as for everyone else we are all like you  just bt customers helping each other

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 35 of 42

excuse me if i'm late, but couldnt be ***** to read pages 2 and 3.

you still got the connection issues with BC2? if so, it's a simple fix.

i shall go look it up in our clan forums and post back in the morning.

just a hub setting. takes 2 secs, a few of us in the clan had it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 36 of 42

Sounds good gypsum.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 37 of 42

cant find it lol. i am sure it was to do with upnp in advanced settings.

there was woes over weatherr it would harm my sons wireless connection upstairs, but it didnt and i played bc2 no probs after that.

'cept it's a **bleep** game and we all moved over to MoH.

have a look at upnp settings in there, change it's value. i'll try and get hold of the lad who talked me through the process tomorrow.

and to think, i only came here to complain that bt now charge by the 5gig instead of the 1gig they used to for going over your allowence. so close to leaving the most expensive broardband provider. this may just tip me over the edge.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 38 of 42

It will be just choosing between on and off. Go to homehub settings then advance settings and finally choose application sharing look for UpnP.  I would imagin its turning it off.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 39 of 42

I have the PC version of this game.  During the day I get no problems playing, during the evening I can't browse servers, if I manually connect to a server I can play, but often get disconnected.

If I create a VPN to my office network and share my offices ADSL connection (non-BT) I can play fine but with a marginally increased ping.

Hub settings at home don't make any difference.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 40 of 42

If its a nat issue this might help (Had to do this and has no issues with nat so far) Smiley Wink

In the devices section (Settings> Advanced> Home Network> Devices) you say Yes to the "Always use this ip address" option, as Devices do not clear down ports when using UPnP meaning over time your NAT status could change if allocated a different IP address. This will prevent this from happening. (And enable UPnP)
If it still doesnt work this guide may help (Its for xbox but it should do the same job)

http://bit.ly/fPHO1r

If it isnt a NAT Issue then yep like you said its either the homehub to blame or some sort of traffic filtering by the looks of it.

0 Ratings