cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT Homehub 5 no broadband

Hi,

Since the 29th December 2017 we’re unable to receive any broadband. All we keep getting on the homehub is a orange light.

Looking at the service status everything seems fine, BT say there’s no issues in the area & my phone line works fine also.

We’ve order an engineer to come but only time available is the Tuesday 2nd January which is annoying to have no internet over the holiday period!

What could be the issue causing me to have no broadband?
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Homehub 5 no broadband

as phone line works is there any line noise if you dial 17070 option 2  best with corded phone?

have you tried connecting to test socket with a new filter?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Hi

I’ve rang 17070 option 2 with a corded phone seems no issue seems fine no noise, we’ve had inbound & outbound calls yesterday day & today with no issues.

I have an openreach socket would I be able to use a new test socket?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

the test socket is normally behind the bottom half of the master socket  test socket.jpg

test-socket-thumb.jpg

shown by black arrow

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Just tried the test socket unfortunately that didn’t seem to solve the broadband issue either.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

I’ve also tried factory resetting the router & re entering the username & password which some suggest to do looking through the forums, this solution did not work also.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

did you use a new filter when trying test socket?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

I tried a new filter going into the test socket, plugging in both adsl wire & the phone. Still nothing’s change, no broadband still
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Then you need to report the fault on 0800 111 4567

0 Ratings