cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
56b
Message 1 of 9

BT Homehub disconnects constantly but all lights glow blue help!

Right so I'm not very good with stuff like this at all but this is my explanation of the problem as best as I can explain it:

I live in a shared house with 4 other people we have one bthomehub we have to reset the home hub at least 4-5 times a day. Always when we go to reset the homehub all lights are glowing blue, but still are laptops disconect constantly other the last few days the problem has increased to every 3-10 mintues, today not so bad again but still have to reset it frequently.

When all 5 of us are online it seems to be worse. About a month or two ago we had a new hub put in for another issue but the problem with connection countinued.

Any thoughts at all would be really useful??

Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Homehub disconnects constantly but all lights glow blue help!

are you all connecting wireless?  if so you can try downloading inssider2 (istumbler if MAC) and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. If you then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

you can also try changing the wireless from b/g/n to just b/g unless all devices are 'n' rated

can you run btspeedtester and post the results please

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
56b
Message 3 of 9

Ok so I think I ran a speedtester the result was
Downloading speed (Mbps): 3.83
0 Ratings
56b
Message 4 of 9

And yes we are connected wireless.

Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

then try my 2 sugegstions in my post and see if either help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
56b
Message 6 of 9

Ok so I have got istumbler but I had to get 98 because 99 wouldn't run on my mac.

I don't understand much of this but our bb seems to be the only one on our channel. Do you by any chance know where on istumbler i have to enter router??

Also earlier you mentioned b/g/n and b/g absolutely no idea what thats means : /

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

you need to enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser than that should bring up the hub manager  enter the hub password probably on the back unless someone changed it and then go to wireless and you should be able to change the channel if required and also b/g/n to b/g

0 Ratings
56b
Message 8 of 9

Right thank you for all your help! Ive applied all the changes you said.

Cheers
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

just see if it helps but 4mb connection between 5 especially if all on at once will be slow

0 Ratings