cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Glennie1970
Message 31 of 36

Re: BT - How do I reset my 'IP Profile' ???

it is not all that comforting to see that many of your are having the same problem. I am not far from the exchange and can therefore get over 6MG but since last wednesday I have not achieved anything higher than 128kbps.

I am on first name terms with India but much of their information whilst well intended is quite erroneous. I had an engineer booked for Satruday just gone which needless to say never turned up. I re-booked on for this morning which turned up and tested the line and everything is fine except for my profile. I am now told by India that I will need another engineer to check on my line - A broadband engineer

I am coming to the end of my tether - I work from home and this service is making that difficult

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 36

@Glennie1970 wrote:

it is not all that comforting to see that many of your are having the same problem. I am not far from the exchange and can therefore get over 6MG but since last wednesday I have not achieved anything higher than 128kbps.

I am on first name terms with India but much of their information whilst well intended is quite erroneous. I had an engineer booked for Satruday just gone which needless to say never turned up. I re-booked on for this morning which turned up and tested the line and everything is fine except for my profile. I am now told by India that I will need another engineer to check on my line - A broadband engineer

I am coming to the end of my tether - I work from home and this service is making that difficult

you would be better starting a new subject for yourself rather than hijack someone else's.  when you start your subject then can you post the adsl stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z) and run btspeedtester http://speedtester.bt.com and post the results. Someone may then be able to offer assistance

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
phobos515
Beginner
Message 33 of 36

Our phone line went faulty last week, and an engineer repaired the fault today, which was in a local junction box down the street. Because of the fault, our IP profile has dropped to about 720 kbps, it's usually quite good, as good as it gets at our distance from exchange, at around 5.7 mbps.

Now, it seems we have to wait 120 hours to get the speed back to scratch, even though the line fault was outside our control. I've even heard it can take up to 10 days? Doesn't seem fair somehow, given the price of the broadband package, to have up to 10 days of a lower-priced package speed because the provider's line was faulty.

A "hrumph" is in order.

Hrumph.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 36

if your line is now ok then saying connected 24/7 for 3/5 days and your profile should automatically rise on it's own maybe sooner.

though the engineer might have had it reset when he left

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
phobos515
Beginner
Message 35 of 36

Hopefully sooner, but I don't know for sure. The phone had stopped working completely, and that's the main fault I reported, along with a much lower than normal ADSL speed. The engineer repaired a duff connection in the junction box, called here and tested the line, saying it tested perfectly OK now. He didn't mention resetting the IP profile although I had asked if our ADSL should pick up speed again now. That was about 11 hours ago. I hope it's not going to take all of 5 days for our IP profile to return to its normal value. We'll see.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 36

as it was a phone engineer instead of a broadband one then probably he didn't phone to get profile reset.  just stay connected 24/7

0 Ratings