Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pauldwebber
Beginner
Message 1 of 18

BT Hub 2.0 going off constantly

Go to solution

Hi

We recently have had an upgrade to our "local" network as the email described that I received, but since then my BT hub "clicks" all the lights go out and then over a few minutes comes back on, sometimes with the broadband light flashing orange for a while before turning blue again, it does this about twice an hour and is getting really annoying. The connected counter in the hubs settings is always displaying the connected time as minutes rather than hours & days.

I have rung BT help, but they seemed to be more interested on how I connect my laptop to the hub and how many phones in the house we have rather than sorting the issue. Can anyone other some suggestions as it wasn't doing this prior to the upgrade.

Paul

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: BT Hub 2.0 going off constantly

Go to solution
Hi Welcome to the forums

If you post the full stats from your router

For homehub – type 192.168.1.254 into your browser

Navigate to ADSL Settings or use the A-Z at the top right of the home page and scroll down to ADSL Settings and click on it

Click on More Details and then post the full results.

also post the full results from http://speedtester.bt.com/

or http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9354/c/346,4740,5520 and post the results .

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

also you could try the hints given by poster RogerB in this link they may help http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Poor-Broadband-speed/m-p/14217#M8397

Then someone here may be able to help and offer more advice.

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

welcome to the forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pauldwebber
Beginner
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 3:16:41
Downstream8,363 Kbps
Upstream882 Kbps

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)2.8 dB / 5.4 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)41.5 dB / 23.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up)

20.5 dBm / 12.4 dBm

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution
how long ago did you have the email ??
0 Ratings
pauldwebber
Beginner
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

Download  Speed
 6804 Kbps

0 Kbps7150 Kbps Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 6804 Kbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 2000-7150 Kbps. IP Profile for your line is - 7375 Kbps
0 Ratings
pauldwebber
Beginner
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

I had the email on the 8th October and the area upgrade was completed on the 12th October, I was told the broadband will be intermittent and to wait 10 days for it to settle. Every since then its been rubbish, I have to work from home sometimes and I connect via a VPN to access my company system, having to keep logging back in is a pain

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

are you still in the initial 10 day training period after upgrade?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pauldwebber
Beginner
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution
Thanks
0 Ratings
pauldwebber
Beginner
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

NO, from the 12th October, i gave it til 28th October, then contacted BT, even today, over a month later its still going off.

Further info:

My Hub is on the other side of the room to the TV, sky box.

I have a BT Openreach ADSL V1.0 faceplate, which a BT engineer fitted when I had the BT Hub 2.0 installed, which replaced my first hub (that failed completely).

The ethernet cable runs about 3m directly from the socket front to the Hub.

I have no phones plugged except the Hub phone

Ive had the line tested with no faults.

0 Ratings