Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Hub 4 with Apple Time Capsule ethernet cable connection issues

Help!

I have BT Hub 4 as modem, ethernet cable connection to Apple Time Capsule, which acts as my home LAN hub - all my other connectivity is wireless. This is an upgrade from Hub 2 (which actually gave me better connectivity around the house depsite being situated on any outside wall at one of the house!). Recently and with absolutley no changes whatsoever, the T/C will not hold a connection to anything (it is still recognised and tries to connect) - ipad, mac, printer, scanner - and the Hub 4 connection is inconsistent.

I have tried rebooting everything in order from phoen line "out" (so to speak) and even a soft reset on the T/C, but nothing has resolved the issue. It's getting very disruptive... 

Any one have any ideas?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Hub 4 with Apple Time Capsule ethernet cable connection issues

I've heard a lot of issues have been originating from the HH4. Try and get your hands on a HH5, BT usually offer free upgrades to customers who ask.

┌──────────────────────────────────────┐
    To say thanks for this post, please click the star on the left
   If not, please accept my apologies, hope I can help next time
└──────────────────────────────────────┘
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

It is unlikely that you will be given a free Homehub5 by just asking. At the very least you will need to re-contract or upgrade your package which usually means a new contract of 12-18 months.

If you haven't already tries it, try a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Sounds unlikely I know, but every Hub upgrade I've had, I've just asked for and they've shipped it out in a couple of days.
┌──────────────────────────────────────┐
    To say thanks for this post, please click the star on the left
   If not, please accept my apologies, hope I can help next time
└──────────────────────────────────────┘
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

very lucky many posters here with faulty hubs have had so many problems in getting replacements they end up buying their own router
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

It sounds more like an issue with your Time Capsule rather than the Hub surely? You said all the devices (including the Hub) have an incosistent connection to the Time Capsule.

Can't you test which device (i.e the Hub or the TC) is the issue by simply connecting some devices to the Hub directly and see it the same symptoms appear? If they don't and the connections are stable then you know it's the Time Capsule for sure.

0 Ratings