cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rg001c7345
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Hub 5 and Google Play update issue (Parental Controls).

Go to solution

Getting error 491 when trying to update apps via Google Play. Works fine when using data instead of Hub 5. Knowing BT this will take 6 years to fix! 😞

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT hub 5 and Google Play update issue.

Go to solution
have you tried googling the error code as it seems a common android problem
0 Ratings
gammacee
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Me too,

And been through the whole process with an operator on Google call back.

[Very friendly and great customer service, BT could learn a thing or two (or ten) there!]

We took one of the tablets and eliminated all the other possibilities: Google Play cache corrupted, Account broken, Download Manager not working, date and time not correct and so on.

What we found is that our devices will all update on other networks and the phones will update over 4G.

It's just our when connected to our home hub that they don't update.

0 Ratings
ijk571
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi.

I'm so glad it's not just me. Thought I was going mad here with this issue. I have a HH3 and I'm having exactly the same problem. It suddenly  started the latter part of last week and none of our android devices will download  from Google play store, over wi-fi.  But those that are data enabled work fine over 3 or 4g.

I hope this is something that BT are aware of and are looking into a fix because i have tried messing around with a tablet and now it needs a full update and noone can download anything on the tablets now.

0 Ratings
ijk571
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Are the admin and Bt aware of this issue?

0 Ratings
rg001c7345
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks to those of you who quite rightly identified that the issue is in fact the Parental Control.

It's madness that it takes customers to resolve these problems rather than the provider.

Rg.

0 Ratings