cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SebastianS
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

BT Hub 5A Ethernet Packet loss about 44%, WiFI works fine but disconnects form time to time

Hi eveyone hope some one form BT can help.

The problem happens sporadically but often, it only happens view the ethernet cable. I got my main PC connected view ethernet calbe to BT Hub 5A and often I get connection lost form VOIP clients and website such as BT get sluggish or never finishes actually loading. But when I connect to router view WiFI it will work fine(more a less as I get frequent info "conection lost to server"). I have done same tests on laptop when the problem starts on PC and it is the same story WIFI wiill work fine  but ethernet couse a lot of packet loss( I have tried different cables too) the ping it self is low about 15 to 20ms but packet loss most of time is about 44% when problem starts and after 30-45min is back to normal.

Rebooting the router does not help. I had my line tested by enginier and that was okay no noise and wirering is ok.

The problem is quite frustrating and I have no idea how to solve it. Did any one have same problem as me and is there any solution ?

BT3.png

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Hub 5A Ethernet Packet loss about 44%, WiFI works fine but disconnects form time to time

When you split the networks like you have it is worthwhile giving different ssid  you can keep same password for both 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings