Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kncowans
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Hub 6 - No longer able to select ' Always use this IP address: '

Hello all

I recentlu upgraded my BT Hub 4 to the new BT Hub 6 and when I first set it up I was able to select the 'Always use this IP address:' setting for my Network Servers etc.

However, after the Firmware was upgraded a couple of days ago to the latest version (SG4B100021EC)  I am no longer able to select the 'Always use this IP address:' setting.

Just to clarify, I can select the setting and Save however the setting does not stick hence leaving me stuck with DHCP.

Now I am stuck with DHCP which has allocated different IP Addresses to my Servers which has really complicated things.

Is this a known issue and when will the next Firmware be made available?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Hub 6 - No longer able to select ' Always use this IP address: '

Can you not give your servers static IP addresses?

I have static IPs on all PC and both laptops here and everything works fine, new hardware like phones, tablets and visitors PCs/laptops etc still get an address from routers DHCP.

Admittedly I don't use Home hubs but can't see a problem doing this with them.

0 Ratings
kncowans
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hello

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I could assign Static IP Addresses to my Servers, however there are reasons why I prefer to use the HUB to control the IP Addresses.

Also, I have just performed a Factory Reset of the Hub 6 and the setting seems to be working once again.

I just hope that Factory Resets are not going to be required after each and every Firmware Upgrade in order to get everything to work as expected again.

Thanks

Kevin

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@kncowans wrote:

Hello

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I could assign Static IP Addresses to my Servers, however there are reasons why I prefer to use the HUB to control the IP Addresses.

Can't for the life of me think why. If you need a device to have a particular address, allocate it on the device. None of the problems of leases expiring either.

0 Ratings