Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 80

Re: BT Hub 6 broken after power cut

Why do you need to look at other providers? Just buy a third party router.

0 Ratings
miltonb120
Contributor
Message 42 of 80

Fair point, have you any recommendations please?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 80

It really depends on your requirements. Cheap 'n cheerful with no 5Ghz wireless starts at about £30 with the TP Link TD-W9970. TP Link VR600 or VR900, ASUS DSL 56U or 68U are mid price range devices with good wifi. Just ensure whatever you buy is a VDSL modem/router.

0 Ratings
miltonb120
Contributor
Message 44 of 80

I've just noticed that the firmware says it's updated today to SG4B10002244 so fingers crossed this will make a difference

0 Ratings
iankitson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 45 of 80

How are the Home Hubs updated and are they up dated at the same time or is the roll out progressive over days or weeks?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 80

pushed out automatically over a period of time that build has been around about 6 months now
0 Ratings
murphyjj101
Beginner
Message 47 of 80

I have exactly the same problem, if my RCD trips sockets, then my connection goes, router goes on a re cycle restart, factory reset, power off, etc do not work...Fit my old hub 5 on the line, then it connects...swap it back to hub 6, then it connects...there's definately something odd going on. I can see lots of events in the log, and theres a lot of refused connections, and reconnects, ...and if I call BT they say there is a line issue...although, there may be, but i suspoect not - I think its a port issue on the fibre switches....if it senses a disconnect, it temporarily locks it out...maybe their security settings???

0 Ratings
Yanic
Contributor
Message 48 of 80

This is why I Will be leaving BT when my contract ends they don’t take ownership of a problem nationally but they bully their staff into taking ownership in call centres of faults they can’t fix.

i want to see:

BT admit fault

explain what they’re doing to solve it

be transparent about hh6 faults

let their call centre staff know and be able to admit fault

be able to provide stable routers to customers whom have issue

let customers upgrade firmware. 6 month auto roll out for fixes is a JOKE

be more transparent about firmware builds

Gavin Patterson - this is called poor customer service! I know you’re in to marketing but customer service is important too.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 49 of 80

You will find most ISP provided routers auto push firmware updates as the mass market users would in the majority of occasions not update firmware
the latest firmware build for the hub 6 have been listed on the forum as have the hub 5 updates as well
0 Ratings
Yanic
Contributor
Message 50 of 80

You mean the sticky by DanielS? up above? It vaguely lists:

1. Hub performance upgrades
  2. GUI improvements - minor changes to layout
  3. Features enhancements for Multicast and uPNP

My firmware is: SG4B10002244

It was updated on 21 April 2017

It would be useful of DanielS to tell us what version is being pushed? Will it fix the smarthub death after power cut? When will it be pushed? Can I force this? I don't mind auto updates, but allow users to push new firmware would be nice... like most independant routers. 

If I give you my IP address, can you please manually update my router?

Every person in this thread lists the same symptoms, messed up router after power cut, theyre all on like their 5th Smart hub from your call centres who dont know about this issue and keep re-issuing them a router. 

0 Ratings