Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 51 of 80

Re: BT Hub 6 broken after power cut

the firmware build you have has ben around for about 6 months now

No BT will not send an update to 1 hub they are done in batches over time also you cannot force it
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 52 of 80

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read
0 Ratings
Searchwood
Beginner
Message 53 of 80

I am just on my second smart hub and it has gone the way of the first one following a power cut. Does anyone think it's worth getting another from BT, it takes forever to arrange and then set up with all our devices. Back to my home hub 5 which is okay. I paid to upgrade to this hub so feel quite aggrieved!

0 Ratings
Yanic
Contributor
Message 54 of 80

No you have to live with it and BT don’t have a fix for it and you can’t get a refund. Trust me I’ve tried. 

I think my last piece of service advice was just use HH5 or even better, don’t have a power cut lol. 

0 Ratings
miltonb120
Contributor
Message 55 of 80

I've had 5 hubs over a few months and the firmware was updated 19th July since when I've had no issues touch wood!
I like Yanic's reply re don't have power cuts as that seems to be BT's hopes?
0 Ratings
Bennachie
Contributor
Message 56 of 80

What firmware number please?

Does that mean you have had a power cut since and it is all ok?

0 Ratings
miltonb120
Contributor
Message 57 of 80

It's SG4B10002244and my friend had his firmware upgrade in December to the same version ! Mine started falling over everyday sometimes after a power cut and sometimes when there had been no power cut! I've now had 5 days with no issue, don't think there have been any power cuts though, will keep you updated !
0 Ratings
Bennachie
Contributor
Message 58 of 80

Don't hold your breath.  I have had that firmware since April and my HH6 has turned its toes up after a power cut in June when the electricity company destroyed its sub station and we lived on a monster (very loud) truck mounted genny for a week....

0 Ratings
miltonb120
Contributor
Message 59 of 80

As expected this morning hub6 fell over again with no power cut!

after 30 mins of messing I've put the 5 back and will be hassling BT again as I'm now totally fed up with their hub6! Interestingly Neil from BT who I copied in on previous posts , said they had a new firmware under test which would solve all these issues but wouldn't/ couldn't say when it would be available ! I'm not holding my breath!!!

0 Ratings
Al94
Aspiring Contributor
Message 60 of 80

I've just received the firmare update SG4B1000B316 so hopefully it will improve the hub.

0 Ratings