cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT Hub 6

Switched over from TalkTalk, but regretting...

Hub 6 keeps rebooting 20-30 times randomly, so well over 300 times in two weeks since I changed to BT. Had TalkTalk Fibre for years and was reliable 99.999%. Think that even the lower TTalk 38Mbps seemed to perform better, but guess lower contention ratios? compared to the 52Mbps.

Been talking to BT Support, but they dont seem to log and have to keep repeating, going through the same time consuming tests. 1st line, 2nd line 3rd line.Keep on telling them its a faulty box and my degree was Electroincs and Comms back 30plus years ago when I was designing Microwave and Optical management systems, and I've put in teams to manage global networks, so to me an obvious hardware fault. Also on this Forum seems to be an issue with faulty batches of Hub 6's.

I was promised a replacement, but never arrived. I just came off the phone now to the UK call centre and hopefully have one soon..just hope it's a different batch. The YouView box was also DOA, but BT insisted on getting an engineer out....BAD teething problems and lack of testing before these boxes are shipped out. It's rebooted again whilst I was writing...

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Hub 6

Get a decent 3rd party router.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Will wait until the replacement arrives as we have paid for it.
Otherwise can reuse the old interfaces and get a decent Ethernet to Wireless router.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 4 of 8

If by old interfaces you mean your "talk talk router" unless you can configure it to connect to BT it is just a brick.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

No not the old router which was carp, but when I went to fibre(Really) TalkTalk supplied an BT Openreach RJ11 to Ethernet interface

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 6 of 8

If by that you mean an Openreach modem then hang onto it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

I had same issue. I sent it back and received another one. The same problem occured. I had the engineers, and they seemed to have sorted the problem, but a couple of days later, same thing again. I gave up and put my old Hub 5 back on, and no problems. I would recommend Hub 5 if you can get one. You are right I think Hub 6 has some issue needs sorting.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 8 of 8

@edandjudy wrote:

I had same issue. I sent it back and received another one. The same problem occured. I had the engineers, and they seemed to have sorted the problem, but a couple of days later, same thing again. I gave up and put my old Hub 5 back on, and no problems. I would recommend Hub 5 if you can get one. You are right I think Hub 6 has some issue needs sorting.

The HH5 also has issues but not as many. A third party router also give you more control over more settings.

0 Ratings