Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andydesigns
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT Hub Phone - not receiving calls

Go to solution

Hi,

I have been using my broadband talk service recently by plugging in my landline phone into my Hub, the service has worked pefectly well but I decided I wanted a seperate phone for receiving/making BB Talk calls.

Received my new BT Hub Phone 2.1 today and it has successfully registered with my hub. However, when I call its number the hub phone doesnt ring, and I just get a bt messahe saying 'you cannot leave a message at this time'.

It does say charge for 24hrs before MAKING calls, but does this also apply for receiving calls?

tia,

Andy 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Hub Phone - not receiving calls

Go to solution

@andydesigns wrote:

Hi,

I have been using my broadband talk service recently by plugging in my landline phone into my Hub, the service has worked pefectly well but I decided I wanted a seperate phone for receiving/making BB Talk calls.

Received my new BT Hub Phone 2.1 today and it has successfully registered with my hub. However, when I call its number the hub phone doesnt ring, and I just get a bt messahe saying 'you cannot leave a message at this time'.

It does say charge for 24hrs before MAKING calls, but does this also apply for receiving calls?

tia,

Andy 

Make sure you change the telephony settings on the hub, so that Broadband Talk rings both the rear socket, and the hub phone.

0 Ratings
andydesigns
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

In the BT hub manager I have set the hub phone to only receive BB Talk calls. Is this what you mean?.

Also I have noticed that although the handset says it registered, when I go into the hub manager it shows zero phones regisetered to hub.

BTW, I have the hub phone plugged into the mains in a different room to the hub, its not using the hub stand. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Can you get higher pitched dial-tone on the hub phone? If you can, does it drop back to the normal PSTN dial-tone when you dial "5"?

0 Ratings
andydesigns
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Yes I hear the high pitch tone first and the landline tone when I press 5.
I've double-checked the number in the homehub and i am definitely dialling the right one.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@andydesigns wrote:
Yes I hear the high pitch tone first and the landline tone when I press 5.
I've double-checked the number in the homehub and i am definitely dialling the right one.

Have you tried restarting the hub? I assume that the back socket still works?

Have you checked the BBT options here https://service.btbroadbandvoice.bt.com/selfcare/consumerYourAccount

0 Ratings
andydesigns
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Many thanks for all your help. I restarted the hub and its now working, sorry I should have thought of that myself.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

No problem, pleased to assist you Smiley Happy

0 Ratings