Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uklee
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT Hub Swap Box Query

Hi

I recently recived a replacement BT HH3 which arrived in a brown BT Hub Swap Box are the unit (HH3) new or reconds?

Thanks

Lee

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Aarong
Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Hub Swap Box Query

I would have a good guess that it's a recondition box, all new hubs to my knowledge would come in B.T box, having said that the hub should obviously work fine.

Any problems with the replacement?

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
uklee
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Only issue BTfon and wifi ssid was being broadcasted by the unit -I and its possible to connnect and use the internet.

I have opted out of BTfon so dont know what else to do or why Btfon is active. I dont wish to turn off the ssid becuase i need another device to see.

Lee

0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 4 of 8

@uklee wrote:

Only issue BTfon and wifi ssid was being broadcasted by the unit -I and its possible to connnect and use the internet.

I have opted out of BTfon so dont know what else to do or why Btfon is active. I dont wish to turn off the ssid becuase i need another device to see.

Lee

Are you sure it's your BTFON that's broadcasting and no one else's? When did you opt out of BTFON? 

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

@Aarong wrote:

@uklee wrote:

Lee

Are you sure it's your BTFON that's broadcasting and no one else's? When did you opt out of BTFON? 

It's an automatic thing that BT do:(

All new hubs 'seen' on the connection, or resetting the existing hub will always turn it back on.

You may need to go the BTWifi site, opt in and immediately out again. The BTWifi/BTWifi-with-fon should go within 2 days, but can take weeks:(

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Aarong
Guru
Message 6 of 8

@DS wrote:

@Aarong wrote:

@uklee wrote:

Lee

It's an automatic thing that BT do:(

All new hubs 'seen' on the connection, or resetting the existing hub will always turn it back on.

You may need to go the BTWifi site, opt in and immediately out again. The BTWifi/BTWifi-with-fon should go within 2 days, but can take weeks:(

I thought it took 24 hours, maybe i'm wrong. Fortunately don't have this issue due to using my own router.

0 Ratings
boe323
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

I like btfon and wifi, it gives hackers a lesser reason to hack your wifi lol, because btfon is there to use, he heSmiley LOL

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

Brown boxes usually contain business hubs. Even the refurb hub3's come in normal boxes usually.

0 Ratings