cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stewron
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Hub stalling when calling for emails

Since we've had Infinity installed at work while the broadband speed is fine, we now have an issue when trying to access email. The email client we use stalls when trying to access the pop mail server. If you cancel the request, is says "unable to connect to pop.1and1.co.uk" but if you then try again, it works okay? Doing this at home using the same email client and settings, but through my home broadband all works fine - so that would seem to rule out the email client and my laptop. I tried the BT helpline, but they just said it was our email/internet provider we should call, and couldn't accept the logic that all was fine at home, but was just a problem on the Inifinity setup at work (or is it me?). It doesn't seem to matter if I try wireless or direct ethernet connection to the BT Hub, nor does it make any difference if I try different Port Number settings in my email client. Any other ideas please?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Hub stalling when calling for emails

This forum is for Residential Infinity. You should post in the Business forums http://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Broadband-and-internet/bd-p/Broadband
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Re: BT Hub stalling when calling for emails

0 Ratings
Stewron
Beginner
Message 4 of 4