cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 28

Re: BT Hub v2 steady orange

You should still be able to post the hub stats......a broadband connection is not necessary for this......

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 28

there will be no hubstasts to show if the broadband connection is down you need to contact the help line in this case on 0800 111 4567

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 28

Apologies john46. My mistake. I just thought that by seeing what the stats say and/or the event log, it may give a clue as to where the problem lies.........Smiley Frustrated

If you found this post helpful, then please click the star on the left, after all, I'm only trying to help........Smiley Wink
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 28

it will just show as disconnected
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 28

"the signin is same for   bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password anything will do  many just use BT"

Just to check (I'll call in my neighbours later)

1. If I plug an aternative modem in to the test socket I can use broadband account/password of

bthomehub@btbroadband.com/BT

2. If that is successful (doubt it very much) I can reset the BT hub v3. I presumt that will lose wireless data.  What's the default ssid/password?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 28

another router should work with that signin and password.  if you factory reset the hh3 by the recessed button on back then ssid and wireless password should be on pullout on back of hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 28

the default ssid and password as those found when you do as factory reset of the hub
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 28

My neighbour sounds a bit distraught so I'm having a late lunch and going to see him now.

Summary:- bband off for 6 days (solid brown bband light on hh3)

voice ok until yesterday when dial-tone lost (BUT can dial out and receive calls).  Perhaps a symptom of line diagnostics?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 28

sounds more like a bad connection if you have lost the dial tone.. broadband can struggle with on e wire conencted whereas the phone needs both bt wires conencted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 20 of 28

Oh blimey - phone fault was an end-user error. Had a phone plugged directly into an extension rather than via a filter.

How do I close a VOL?  Can I put the VOL number here?  The neighbour has 2 VOLS

1. phone (open) which I need to close

2. broadband (close) which we need to KEEP OPEN.  (steady orange bband light on hhv3).

Testing with another router/modem was inconclusive (wasn't sure if the username/password was being accepted or broadband connection was failing).

0 Ratings