cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evohicks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT ID and BT Wi-fi

Well Iv'e had to resort to this forum after getting no luck from BT, either phone calls (which I have to keep asking to repeat because I can't understand them) Live chat over and over and even remote PC access.

My issue is I can use my BT ID fine with all BT extras but when I come to BT Wi-Fi, it says details not recognised, if I try ti sign in vie the openzone webpage it says the same, if I try via the Android app it says I am opted out and need to opt in to the community, but when I sign in here https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/statuscheck.do it accepts my BT ID and password and says I am opted in.

Now I have seen various posts over the years of exactly the same issue and I'm not quite sure when this issue came about with me as it used to work fine.

Most of the time the person at the other end of the phone at BT are foreign and don't understand fully the problem I am facing which is a tad annoying.

I have been a BT member for quite a few years now and as far as I can remember, my present email address has always been mt BT ID which ends @btinternet.com.

Any help would be appreciated, BT are still in the process of helping but I don't hold out much hope.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT ID and BT Wi-fi

Have you tried contacting the BTWifi help line 0800 022 33 22

If you have been a BT customer for years, you will have a primary email address, this is the email address that you may have used to set up email sub accounts, this does not need to be your BTID but it was/is the email address that is needed to log onto BTWifi.

0 Ratings
evohicks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Yes I have been in touch with BT Wi-Fi on that number often and yes I am using the primary email given to me when I first joined BT. It's odd that it has been working fine in the past but I hadn't used a hotspot for a while so after my failed attempts recently to log in and my phone app telling me I wasn't opted in, then I started my inquiries.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

If you have changed your password try using your "old" password.

If BT are still in the process of helping you I would wait and see if they resolve the problem. If they are unable to fix it, post back and there may be further assistance available.

0 Ratings
evohicks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for your replies, I have tried every password I've ever used for this account, I will wait for any new ideas from BT but honestly it's like hitting your head against a brick wall.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

The BTWifi help line is usually fairly good. It sounds like it is an account configuration problem which should be able to resolved.

The BTWif account doesn't seem to update password changes when the BTID password is changed and in particular if you are an "old" BTWifi user. 

Is your BTID username and password the same as your "primary" email address and password?

Are you still on BTYahoo email system or were you migrated to BTMail?

0 Ratings
evohicks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Yes my BT ID and password are the same as my primary email and password.
I remember the Yahoo/BT Mail switch over but I don't think I did anything about it. Only odd thing is I'm still using 3 sub email accounts which are not showing on my allocated email accounts, according to my account I am only using one, my primary email. Maybe there are some wires crossed somewhere.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

I don't think there is anything else that you will be able to do except wait for BT to get back to you. As I said, if they can not seem to resolve the problem, post back and I'm sure some other assistance can be given.

0 Ratings