Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nibor48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 28

BT INFINITY DROP 20MB AFTER 18 MONTHS OF REALLY GOOD SPEED

Go to solution
Hi sorry this is going to go on a bit ,all of 2015 and up until June 2016 my speeds on Infinity 2 were generally around 60 to 67 MB download then after we came back from our holiday noticed speed was down to around 46mb or less.
This is in a Village (hamlet) that has had no new builds as yet, all test are with Ethernet connections to router I use a Billion 8800axl but have done tests with a HH5 newly supplied by BT .
After many text chats and phone calls a engineer came out and checked line no errors and attenuation was 6DB, he went to the DSLAM that is between 400 / 500 metres from my house ,he found a fault and stated it was down to 66mb and that he had removed interleave and that the speed should come back to over 60MB in a few days .I have a recording of this .
This did not happen he also estimated the loss would be about 20% so this would account for my speed at 46 MB it did come up a few MB he stated after doing this .
Still only hovering at 50Mb many more phone calls to India chats and also contact several times to Newcastle faults ,also they agreed there was a problem also have recordings of this ,on one call to Newcastle was told they were working over weekend and if speed not back by midnight Monday contact them again. Another marathon on the phone again and this time eventually agreed a problem and an engineer called out ,I knew this engineer and he did a lot of checks and phone up in regard a DLM reset but this was deemed not needed .I had to at the time agree this was all they could do.
But I do not see as the reasons for a sudden drop are valid, as a retired electronics service engineer I know that if there is a sudden drop there is a fault or a deliberate throttling of service .
Also I was due to what they call “ cable fill “
I was going to move from BT but told tied in to a BT Vision contract so they discounted it saying they would sort out my speed ,again I have a recording.
So I am paying for  infinity 2 and getting infinity 1 speeds . I need to have the DSLAM checked again for faults and to tell me what speed is at the card going to my Line .

Please do not quote my guaranteed 46 MB speed as this is not what I was getting until sudden drop .

So any ideas
0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 28

Re: BT INFINITY DROP 20MB AFTER 18 MONTHS OF REALLY GOOD SPEED

Go to solution

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Then, if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post lines 1-12

Could you please post the results from the BT Wholesale speed checker, including the further diagnostics.

0 Ratings
nibor48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 28

Go to solution

I know what I should get 54-71 but it has just dropped

0 Ratings
nibor48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 28

Go to solution

all the checks have been done just need for them to go to DSLAM and sort it

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 28

Go to solution
Without the information Keith has asked for then no one here can start to help you
0 Ratings
nibor48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 28

Go to solution

sorry for delay Ashampoo_Snap_2016.10.08_19h36m02s_001_.jpg

0 Ratings
nibor48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 28

Go to solution

Ashampoo_Snap_2016.10.08_19h36m46s_002_.jpg

0 Ratings
nibor48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 28

Go to solution

thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 28

Go to solution
We need the connection stats from the router and also the results from the DSL checker.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
nibor48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 28

Go to solution

hi if you need that will have to do it tomorrow as need to change HH5 first .just for info from DSLAM to my home cables are straight line 400 to 500 meteres and it was suppliing speeds of 60mb plus

0 Ratings