Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT INFINITY HELP!!!

hi 

was hoping if anyone can help with this

basically iv got bt infinity had it since the 14th of september its worked perfectly love the speeds im getting and everything but lately past two days its disconnected twice and my dl speed has dropped from 33.7mbps to 21mbps im using wired connection no other devices connected and im not in fluctuation period iv also restarted the hub3.0 and modem a few times both in and out of peak times but nothing seems to work

if anyone could help would be really grateful as i really dont want to be speaking to some indian down a phone as i cant understand them

thanks!!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT INFINITY HELP!!!

Hi, can you carry out a speed test from the link below. You'll notice that it's different from the normail test as it ask's you at the top of the page to put in your speed achieved and also your profile and it will then give you extra information if you have a fault. Can you then paste the result's.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9354/~/how-can-i-test-my-broadband-speed%3F

iechyd da 

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi

thank you for replying but i dont really understand what the ip profile speed is? also i have done a speed test on bt speed checker before and it says that fibre optic does not run into my house even tho it does because iv got it i will do it again if you could tell me the ip thing

thanks for replying

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

@eleven-wonders wrote:

Hi

thank you for replying but i dont really understand what the ip profile speed is? also i have done a speed test on bt speed checker before and it says that fibre optic does not run into my house even tho it does because iv got it i will do it again if you could tell me the ip thing

thanks for replying

Hi eleven-wonders,

Don't worry about that.

When you get to the BT Speedtester , tick yes, then fibre and then Input your telephone number.

Copy and paste the results here.

input your telephone numer

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

right i done it couldnt figure out how to post it but my ip profile was 2268kbps and download was 19711 and it said no problems on my line but i was receiving 33mbps 

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 6 of 7

That can't be correct if you was having 33Mb and  now your ip profile is 19711 then there is a problem somewhere. Do you by any chance now what your profile was when the engineer set you up????

iechyd da 

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

@eleven-wonders wrote:

right i done it couldnt figure out how to post it but my ip profile was 2268kbps and download was 19711 and it said no problems on my line but i was receiving 33mbps 

When you have completed the test move your mouse cursor down to the bottom next to the full stop of =  understand the test results.

Click your mouse's Left button and hold it down, then move up to the top left of Test Results.... whilst still holding that left button down.

Then when at the top release your mouse button, this "selects the area" and you will have noticed the area has turned blue.

Now click your RIGHT mouse button and in the drop down menu click on COPY with your LEFT mouse button.

This has now copied the area selected into your computers memory (clipboard).

Then go to the BT Infinity forum and press reply on the relevant post.

Type some thing like "Hi my results at 10am this morning are...." then press your RIGHT mouse button and from the drop down menu click with your LEFT button on PASTE.

This might look/sound a bit confusing but honestly it's easy when you get used to clicking those left and right mouse buttons.

When you have PASTED you'll see your results..... but it hasn't quite ended there, well for me anyhow.

Click on the PREVIEW TAB and I get "Your post has been changed because invalid HTML......"

I used to wonder/worry about that.... but just ignore it now.

So the final thing to do is press the POST and you should get your results appear in the thread like this.....

Oh you might get Please correct the highlighted error message come up but I ignore and press POST again

Another way you could press the Fn  and prt sc keys and copy your test page results into Paint and then insert the page as an image.... but this way works for now.

I hope I haven't confused you too much.... Smiley Happy

Good Luck.

Results Image not loaded

Test1 comprises of two tests

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download Speed
 33735 Kbps

0 Kbps38717 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

> Download speedachieved during the test was - 33735 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12000-38717 Kbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is -38717 Kbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 1550 Kbps

0 Kbps2000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 1550 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 2000 Kbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

Please visit FAQ section if you are unable To understand the test results.

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings