cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BT INFINITY HUB2

hi everybody who has bt infinity ,,if u would like to use your own router instead of the hub2 ,, well u can use another router i hav bt infinity and im using my draytek vigor 2820 router and using wan 2 tru ethernet and it works wonders im getting almost 40 download and 9 meg upload wow ,, if u need help setting another router with ur hub2 ,,giv me a shout Smiley HappySmiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Redalerto
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT INFINITY HUB2

That's definitely good news...maybe you can detail what you did here in this thread.

I had a feeling that using your own router might work...my post is in here:

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/BT-Infinity/m-p/7493

Cheers

0 Ratings
golum
Message 3 of 10

Hi, how did you get this working, I tried with a Linksys WRT610N and it did not pick up the DHCP assigned address from the BT FTTC unit.

Toby.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Hello,

Can you please detail the settings required. I have the Draytek 2820 router and can obtain an IP address from the WAN side ok.

Then I get a screen then of 'BT Wholesale Service Information' (http://194.74.65.98/index.html) in a browser window, so it looks like I need the PPPOE username/password for the service. Anyone have any ideas on where I can get this?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

I've found the username (no password required) in the advanced settings of the home hub (bthomehub@btbroadband.com) and can confirm that the Draytek Vigor 2820Vn Dual Wan ADSL2/2+ does work with BT infinity.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

The settings for the Draytek 2820VN are:

WAN 2 : PPPOE - Enable

ISP Access Setup Username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com

WAN Connection Mode Detection - ARP Detect

MTU - 1442

PPP/MP Setup - Ensure No (Dynamic IP) is selected

All other settings are as they are out of the box.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Jason404
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

@adrianwallis wrote:

The settings for the Draytek 2820VN are:

MTU - 1442

Where did you get that setting for MTU?

I'm using the Tomato Linux firmware on my router, which appears to have 1492 as the default MTU setting.

Does anybody know what the best MTU setting is for the best performance with BT Infinity?  What is the default setting on the Infinity hub?  I should have checked before I switched over.

This thread seems to agree that it should be 1492.

I have started a discussion about this in this thread.

0 Ratings
Icaras
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

You can actually get online using no router too, just the Openreach modem connected directly into a computer via ethernet or into a network switch.

This has been incredibly handy for me as my Home Hub 3 has just competely died.

In Windows, go to Network & Sharing Centre, click set up a new connection or network. Then select 'connect to the internet'. Set up a connection as PPoE using bthomehub@btbroadband.com as the username (no password). That's it!

0 Ratings
willghansah
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

I would like to do the same. which username and password to use

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

@willghansah wrote:

I would like to do the same. which username and password to use

same as the one in the previous post to yours - it's the same for everyone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings