cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trancetek
Contributor
Message 21 of 94

Re: BT INFINITY Option 2 Slow down to 1,8 mb(use only 12gb total down and upload)

Go to solution
Can someone say anything about t&c with this issue? If speed will be 2mb over 2days what you can expect from bt? put you some credit on you acount our just Say sorry.
I stil gotl 1.8MB
0 Ratings
Philly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 94

Re: BT INFINITY Option 2 Slow down to 1,8 mb(use only 12gb total down and upload)

Go to solution

Same thing here... my normally 26Mb+ connection is now just about managing 2Mb.

I've been told by the help desk operator that there is a fault NATIONWIDE!! that is causing this reduction and that it is being worked on. I can't think of anything that would cause a nationwide speed reduction, more likely BT is throttling everyone for a reason but not telling us what that reason is.

My personal opinion: we are all being shafted by BT yet again... come on BT, come clean with us, we pay your salaries.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 94

Go to solution

Hi Guys

Upon reading this thread we have tried to get more information.

We have been advised that this is now a known problem and that work is ongoing to try to resolve it, we will continue to try to get more information on it and will update this thread as and when we get the information.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Trancetek
Contributor
Message 24 of 94

Go to solution

Hi Stuart do you need my bt nr our account nr?

Thanks

0 Ratings
AndyT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 94

Go to solution

Thanks Stuart.  Looking forward to the update (& the issue being fixed Smiley Happy)

Andy

0 Ratings
AndyT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 94

Go to solution

Actually - I may be jumping the gun here, but the performance on my connection is (currently) back up in the mid to high 30's.

Andy

0 Ratings
Philly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 94

Go to solution

There's still no mention of this on the Service Status page, just something about a problem in the Bedminster area.

I still reckon it's a scam of some kind... just look at the bandwidth BT are saving by crippling everyone's connections.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 28 of 94

Go to solution

@Philly wrote:

There's still no mention of this on the Service Status page, just something about a problem in the Bedminster area.

I still reckon it's a scam of some kind... just look at the bandwidth BT are saving by crippling everyone's connections.

And what do you think they'll do with it .... sell it on the black market?     Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Philly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 94

Go to solution

haha yeah funny guy.... er save the money it would have cost them to supply it to us.

You coulda worked that out for yourself couldn't you... genius? Robot tongue

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 30 of 94

Go to solution

@Philly wrote:

haha yeah funny guy.... er save the money it would have cost them to supply it to us.

You coulda worked that out for yourself couldn't you... genius? Robot tongue

Smiley Very Happy

That's about the most absurd comment anybody's ever posted on here fella ......   Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Very Happy 

0 Ratings