Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackiejock
Beginner
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT INFINITY USAGE

Go to solution

yes i was thinking about that, i have only not long upgraded to th 40gb option and had infinity installed, and thought this would be more than adequate for what i was doing, but how wrong was i ...  but having read some comments on forum i note that others are complaining that there is a restriction on the usage on the unlimited option, and as i am not quite sure what happens with the filesharing with respect to my data usage, knowing my luck i would still go over the restricted usage...aaarrrrggghhhh lol ..

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

@jackiejock wrote:

yes i was thinking about that, i have only not long upgraded to th 40gb option and had infinity installed, and thought this would be more than adequate for what i was doing, but how wrong was i ...  but having read some comments on forum i note that others are complaining that there is a restriction on the usage on the unlimited option, and as i am not quite sure what happens with the filesharing with respect to my data usage, knowing my luck i would still go over the restricted usage...aaarrrrggghhhh lol ..

There is no longer any restrictions on how much you can download/upload on the unlimited package.

jackiejock
Beginner
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

thats great... thanks again for all your help/advice.. much appreciated

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

@jackiejock wrote:

hi there, i am using torrent sites. i have a very good virus protection on my laptop..  and when i am logged into facebook.. and a friend has a joke or picture on their status i sometimes share this on my wall.... i dont open jokes or pictures on my emails.

i havnt downloaded music or films in january atall .. on shared a few pictures on my facebook status which is very little mbs's to my knowledge.  but up until midnight last nite i had used nearly 8gb of my usage... lastnights usage showed as  ....

upload 7.85 gb      download 0.49      total used 7.85

i would like to point out i get 500mb of data on my mobile phone, where i can .... send emails,browse internet, upload/share pictures to my facebook status, chat on facebook and have never gone over the 500mb on my phone, which proves to me that by doing this on my phone it does not use alot of data .... pls note i do not use my mobile on wireless set up through bt, i pay for this through o2.

i am at a loss as to how i can be using so much on my laptop??  i have paid for internet for over 2/3 yrs and have always used very little before.  this has only started happening last few months...

Hi again. Thanks for the info.

The clue in your usage is that upload figure, which is very high. The info about torrents has been explained, and as you've now got infinity, the upload speed and hence the amount being "shared" will be vastly more than before, possibly up to 40x faster.

Depending on the torrent client, you may be able to restrict the upload speed to a very small value. If you do wish to use torrent/p2p stuff, then perhaps exit the program after you have finished for your use - that will prevent the continual upload.

jackiejock
Beginner
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

thankyou very much .... i deleted the program thinking this would stop any sharing of my files...  and thought best not to use if i dont have unlimited data option ... so if i do put program back on to use it for downloading... i just delete the torrent after dowloading, dont leave it 'seeding' .. just delete the completed torrent and close down program??   ... omg i feel absolutely silly that i hadnt read into all of this before using torrents... i was told how to do it and just carried on ignorant.. i have learned from this tho .. thankyou for your input on this .. most grateful to u too

0 Ratings
jackiejock
Beginner
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

well thanks to this forum and u and others advice, i have now managed to look into torrents p2p etc and found out alot of info that i needed, and now know where to look and how to try and manage my bandwidth etc .. thankyou

0 Ratings