cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT IP prifile for your line

The BT IP speed profile seems to be locked down " max achievable speed 50.93 Mbps. yet my router's attainable speed is 70500Kbps, anyway of updating the BT info.

On Infinity1 and would like the speed increase being offered to 80/20 to infinity1 users(free)

Pics

BTProfile.jpgBTBillionsync.jpg

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT IP prifile for your line

You are syncing at the current maximum for Infinity1, be patient and I'm sure the speed increase will be applied to your line in due course.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

^^^ Cheers for the reply.

More worried that BT think my line is only capable of 49mb .....so don't upgrade the line as they think the line is uncapable.

Trying to find a way of them updating their info on my line as its capable of close to 70MB.

This is what they think my line is.

BT.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Hmm, that's not good if they are basing the upgrade on the checker figures, not sure how they are determining speed of lines to upgrade. You might also have a problem if  they are basing speed on data retrieved from the HH as you are using a third party router.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Yes using a Billion 8800NL, + I have vectoring enabled on my line.

Edit to add.

The last check for that speed was May this year as shown in the pic, how often is this info updated, speed tested by them?.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

the upgrade would make more sense if BT upgraded all lines to the current infinity 2 speed and that way if your line is capable of faster than current infinity 1 max then your speed would increase.  If you cannot currently get infinity 1 max then you won't expect to see any speed increase  That way there is only one profile to monitor

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Yes, that would be the logical way to do it, but this is BT remember!!! Why do simple when you can do complicated.Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

You are not comparing like with like. The speedtest is reporting actual throughput speeds while the router only deals in sync speeds.