cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
towen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT Inability to Deliver BT Infinity in theh CW2 Area!

Go to solution

Hi there;

I switched to BT about 12 Months ago, and at the time was promised that I would be able to switch to the Infinity product within 3months - I still dont have access to the Infinity product 12 Months on!

BT have moved the activation date for my property 4+ times (Over the last 12 Months) without any real reason dispite asking... I am attached to the Haslington Exchange living in the CW2 area - The activation date is now June 2012 - Which from previous experiences will probably get moved 😞

I made a complaint to BT, who have now passed the book 😞 , and told me to make contact with BT Openreach as they own the network, and they would be in a better position to be able to answer when it will actually be availible - I have now registered my complaint with Openreach - To which I am looking forward to a response to.

The fact that I live approx 200yards from the enabled box, Which states Infinity is here, register now.. Obviously doesn't mean anything, the question is why advertise something which is quite clearly not availible!

Has anyone else experienced the same thing in the area?...

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
McGrath1982
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Inability to Deliver BT Infinity in theh CW2 Area!

Go to solution

Hi towen I to are on the Haslington Exchange in Crewe in Underwood Lane I didn't know that parts of Crewe or surrounding area still didn't have Infinity.

0 Ratings
towen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi McGrath;

Yeah, It appears that there are still people that are on the Haslington Exchange that still do not have BT Infinity.

I have a few friends locally who cant get it (as its not availible) dispite all the advertisement on the BT Street Boxes.

Oh well, waiting for BT Openreach to finally sort it out!

0 Ratings
towen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Well, Worked commenced again on our street cabinet, they have made a road crossing a pulled in some wires, looked rather like power cables but I could be wrong.. Just waiting to see if the availibilty date changes...
0 Ratings
captainberk
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi,

I've been waiting for infinity off this same cabinet as well, and have watched the dates being pushed back.

I have spoken to several BT Openreach engineers (including the one that worked on that cabinet) who have told me I should be able to order BT Infinity, however when I spoke with BT last week they told me June 😞

Here's hoping the June date doesn't move again.

0 Ratings
captainberk
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Just to let you know, I called BT today and placed an order for Infinity.  The appointment is booked in for the 25th.  It looks like the date on the BT website is wrong.

0 Ratings
towen
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi all;

Just to let you all know that I now have BT Infinity 2 -I very nice engineer visited my property today and installed it - So happy 🙂 Lets hope the speed continues 56.6Mbps - Its supberb!

Thanks Openreach & BT... 🙂

0 Ratings