cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT-Indian Customer Service lying to me?

In mid December we placed an order with BT. We wanted Infinity but the "BT-INDIA" Customer Service told us that our line/location didn't support the Infinity Fibre options but we'll get a call when it would be available.

After a month of waiting and some problems along the line we finally got our "internet" up and running. When the engineer came to fix a little problem that got in the way, he said that our wall plug was for BT Infinity and that I should check our availability for that service.

Checked everything and it would seem it's ok. Should I try and contact India again and get lied to my face or.. try to get somehow in contact with openreach and get my Infinity package in less than a month.. hopefully..

Waiting for an answer from a mod or any idea would be acceptable.

The reason I want BT Infinity and fast is that with 3 laptops our BT-Unlimited broadband is just too slow. I'll post screenshots. What it bothers me is that all the laptops have the same download/upload as shown in the picture. And after 10PM the line keeps dropping every 2 minutes for a while..

2.png

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT-Indian Customer Service lying to me?

Hi you cannot contact Openreach directly as they provide the network to all ISP's and are not customer facing because of rules laid down by OFCOM i would personally try the online checker rather then phone
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

Hi

Have you entered your phone number HERE// on the BT Wholesale site, it should tell you when/if Infinity is available.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

WBC FTTCUp to 69Up to 20--Available
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 7.5--6.5 to 8.5Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 7.5Up to 16.5 to 8.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 7.5--6.5 to 8Available
WBC Fixed Rate1----Available
Fixed Rate1----Available
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

have you tried ordering on line ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

Well according to the screen shot it is now available to you, as John says have you tried to place an order?

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Thank you for your help, I still have 1 question. If I order now, will I still have the broadband service running until the engineer comes and changes my wallplug+hardware? And if I already have the wallplug that can support Infinity and the current BTHH Modem will I pay more? 

I now have the BT Unlimited Broadband Service = £26 / £20/mth for 3 monthsºLine rental from £10.75

and what I want to order is :

Unlimited Broadband with Infinity = £26 / £20/mth for 3 monthsºLine rental from £10.75

The prices are the same, but will BT charge me with extra money only for the Infinity red ethernet cables? ^^

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 8 of 8

The BT HH3 and a separate modem are supplied as part of the FTTC install. Why would they charge you extra (excluding £5 delivery charge).

The engineer has to attend as he has work in the cab to do and test your connection afterwards. The current main socket may not support Infinity.

0 Ratings