cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Goopster
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

BT Infinity - 0.71 Mbps Download. Enough Said.

Go to solution

Hi All

I know it's not been two weeks for my line / connection to 'stabilize' - I had it installed a week and a half ago - but what on earth is going on with BT Infinity? It's been rubbish for the last five days. 

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1193347177.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1193353325.png

That's on a wireless connection, 54Kbps, full signal strength. Wired gets me a little more, but nothing worth getting excited about. My old BT Broadband Option 3 was normally around 4 Mbps.

This is frankly pathetic. I cannot even watch anything on BBC iPlayer or YouTube. I dont believe that waiting another three days for my two week 'line stabilization' or whatever its suppposed to be is really going to help is it?

Please, can anyone give me any advice?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Goopster
Beginner
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Infinity - 0.71 Mbps Download. Enough Said.

Go to solution
SpeedTester Results - 1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information. Download Speed 3495 Kbps Download speedachieved during the test was - 3495 Kbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12000-38717 Kbps . Additional Information: IP Profile for your line is -38717 Kbps 2. Upstream Test: -provides background information. Upload Speed 2379 Kbps Upload speed achieved during the test was - 2379 Kbps Additional Information: Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10000 Kbps This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your ISP to investigate the fault.
0 Ratings
everybodylovesjoe
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

It's going to sound silly so forgive me, but have you definitely got the VDSL modem plugged into the top socket on the mastersocket the openreach guy installed? The reason I ask is because I know of someone who plugged it into a normal microfilter coming out of the main socket instead using some random cable they had laying around, and then was really suprised when it didn't connect/connected really really slowly.

Assuming that's not it, it sounds like there's something wrong with your installation, and I think an engineer visit will be required to resolve it. As of a couple of weeks ago infinity installations are no longer subject to a 10 day stabilisation period, so by now it should be working at the speed you were quoted.

0 Ratings
sahotaquack
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

ive been on 0.25 for the past 6 weeks. Stop complaining

0 Ratings
mackemmattsafc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

I have the same issue - check out my feed - http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/BT-Infinity-Issues-Slower-than-standard-broadband/td-p/141991

I've got an engineer visit tomorrow so we'll see what's occurring!

0 Ratings
Goopster
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks all... Sorry to hear i'm not alone out there 😞

Down to .0.29 tonight so it's getting better... Not. I'm praying that it just sorts itself out - with the greatest of respect to the BT India call centre, i'm dreading the whole 'turn it off and on, have you got antivirus, is it in the master socket, have you tried a different computer' crib sheet rubbish.

everybodylovesjoe - yep, checked all, all as the engineer left it.

mackemmattsafc - keep us posted as to how you get on. Good luck!

0 Ratings
MadGamer1988
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

BT India shouldnt need to go through the motions as Infinity should have been connected to the master faceplate, and its filtered already.

0 Ratings
mackemmattsafc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

They shouldn't but they do anyway!  They even asked me if I could test my dodgy connection with another computer - sure, in tough economic times like these, we've all got a spare system sat around somewhere, haven't we???

0 Ratings
Goopster
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Well, that was painful - and fruitless.

The connection did ping up to 20 megs last night on WIRED for a short while, but it was short lived, back to 0.5 again this morning. Wireless on this Home Hub 3 seems super flaky too - the **bleep** thing is connected one minute (at 54k modem speeds) and the next is says it is connected with excellent signal yet I get 'page cannot be found' or DNS errors when I visit web pages.

So not only do I have a **bleep** connection, but the wireless sucks too. Does anyone know - is that because it keeps switching channels etc?

I need my Internet for my work - and i'm now having to sit in the hall on a dining room chair to work. Its not acceptable, and I want my old Internet service back please BT! I cant believe I was suckered into taking this s***.

Your frustratingly,

AN Other.

0 Ratings
Goopster
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

oops, apologies for hitting the swear filter - they weren't that naughty! Will learn for next time....

0 Ratings