Re: BT Infinity - 1.93Mb

No Noise on the line.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 42

Is that the only socket, or do you have any extensions that may be wrongly connected?

0 Ratings
bigbadwolf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 42

I guess you have taken this as far as you can.   The line is quiet.   Will have to see if BT will pay for an engineer to visit and fix things otherwise I will just parcel everything up (Youview box etc) and cancel the order and go back to my old contract.

0 Ratings
bigbadwolf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 42

No.   The ADSL box is the only internet access box to the property.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 42

@bigbadwolf wrote:

No.   The ADSL box is the only internet access box to the property.

Its going to be an external line issue, so you will not be charged.

See

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12439/c/

0 Ratings
bigbadwolf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 42

Thanks Keith and all who have advised.   Will see what happens on the 17th Jan because as I see it BT are doing diddly as they wait for the "stabilization" process to finish.    

Worked for 10 Years as a Head of IT for a global company and would have been shot at dawn if my team provided the crass service BT have to date.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 42

The 10 day thing is a myth in reality.

I can also tell you for free that your speed is not going to go from 5meg to 70meg without intervention.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 42

Don't be fobbed off with the "10 day stabilisation" rubbish. Lines will stabilise in the first couple of days. It will not improve. Contact BT and insist that they send out an engineer to investigate and resolve the problem.

0 Ratings
bigbadwolf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 42

Asked for them to send an engineer this morning they basically refused saying if I want one I have to pay for it.    That is what is driving me mad.   Sad thing is if I move providers it is exactly the same lines as I have now so nothing to gain there.

Will be writing to Ofcom too, and maybe the local newspaper, they love rural broadband issues.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 42

You will only be charged if the fault is in the house. You will always be advised of the possibility of a charge, they won't send an engineer without it. However, as you've connected to the test socket, there is no chance of being charged.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings