Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drabs
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Infinity 1 Broadband Drop outs HH5 Type A

Hi,

I have seen a fair amount of complaints on the forums in regards to broadband dropouts and for the past few days I have been contacting BT to find out exactly what is going on as this is a recurring issue and is well known to BT.

Everytime I call or chat online with a BT representative they seem to come up with excuses and ask me to monitor my broadband for drops out. This has been going on for 4 days and is very frustrating that the broadband cuts off randomly at every 5 to 15 minutes so is unusable.

I have provided BT with an event log from my BT Home Hub 5 TYPE A and also informed them that this issue is well known to BT.

Kind Regards

Drabz

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
DavidM
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Infinity 1 Broadband Drop outs HH5 Type A

Hi @drabs and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the connection dropping out. Is this via ethernet or wireless? Do you have any noise on the line? You can check that by connecting a phone to the test socket and dial 17070 option 2? If you can give us as much detail as possible then I'm sure we'll be able to help you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
drabs
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply.

The connection was dropping out on wifi and LAN. I did test the line using the test socket and that seemed fine I didnt get any sort of noise on the line. At the moment the broadband seems to be stable and I am getting about 40mbp download speed but now my upload speed is very low. I was previously getting around 10mbp of upload speed.

Kind Regards

Drabz

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 4

Hi @drabs

Thanks for posting back.

I'm glad that your connection looks more stable now.  As long as it remains stable the speed should sort itself out.  Keep an eye on it over the next couple of days and keep us posted also Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings