I recently recontracted my Infintity 1 service in order to get the recently introduced increased speeds. The estimate for my number gave a 'minimum guaranteed download of 51Mb' and upload of 9 to 10Mb. However, since the order was completed on 10th May I have not seen any change in speeds.
Please can anyone help to confirm why im not getting the increased speed? The noise margin seems quite high - could it be that?
NB I'm on an old style master socket (not NTE5) but there are no extensions at all.
HH5 troubleshoot info:
1. Product Name: HomeHub5
2. Serial number: +076286+1521010181
3. Firmware version: v0.07.05.0A13-BT (Type B) Last updated 9/12/2015
4. Board version: 01
5. VDSL uptime: 1 days, 09:53:37
6. Data Rate: 5000 / 34998
7. Maximum Data Rate: 11464 / 50644
8. Noise Margin: 12.9 / 8.9
9. Line Attenuation: 29.6 / 17.2
10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0
11. Data sent/received: 129.6 MB / 1.1 GB
12. Broadband username: firstname.lastname@example.org
13. BT Wi-fi: Yes
14. 2.4GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-G27N
15. 2.4GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)
17. 2.4GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. 5GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-G27N
19. 5GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended)
21. 5GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall: Default
23. MAC Address: 5c:dc:96:56:7d:10
24. Software variant: -
25. Boot loader: 0.5.0-BT (Tue Jun 17 18:52:56 2014)
http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ speedtest results
Download speedachieved during the test was - 34 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 20 Mbps-33.88 Mbps .
IP Profile for your line is - 33.88 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 4.51Mbps
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thanks for responding. Yes, I (foolishly?) called the BT Broadband Helpdesk yesterday to enquire why the speed hadnt gone up to 51mb and they told me to reset the router. You are right though, I did previously have a terrible connection that would drop out 5 or 6 times a day - that has been stable for about a fortnight since the phone extensions were taken out of the master socket.
Just a matter of patience now
Weeks not days. May happen in stages
If the line has been banded, then you might need an broadband engineer to visit and reset the DLM system - while in theory, it should adjust itself, in practice this often seems not to happen and the banding in effect becomes a 'hard cap'.
"I recently recontracted my Infintity 1"
If you have recontracted the line on the new 55/10 service , then the dlm should of been reset as part of the btwholesale reprovision order.
Maybe worth asking a mod to take a quick look ?