cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 21

Re: BT Infinity 1 Speed - not getting what I used to

What magic words do I need to tell them to get an engineer to come out?

Last time I tried this (a couple of years ago, granted), they just said my speed was 'adequate'.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 21

Your connection speed is below the estimated A range for your line. Engineer required. No argument.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 21

Thanks.

Do I need to go through all the https://support.bt.com/fix/broadband nonsense and connect my HH5 again to get to the point where I can tell them about my problem?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 14 of 21

you can try not to however the operator will try to trouble shoot and ask you to reconnect the Hun. May as well do it yourself and avoid wasting more time
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 21

I finally navigated the 'report a fault' wizard which told me 'you have no faults'.

Live Chat seemed to be the only other option to communicate which isn't going well.

Apparently my "minimum guaranteed speed is 19 mbps" and I'm higher than that.

No sign of any willingness to deploy an engineer. His advice "Please unplug the router from the electrical socket and after some time,replug it".

Is there some way to get through to someone who may actually be able to understand my problem and help me get it fixed?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 21

Spoke to him on the phone as well. 

"As you are getting the minimum guarenteed speed of 19Mbps, there's nothing I can do for you"

Not terribly impressed ...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 21

The estimated range for your line has a lower speed of 35meg. Below that, you can have an engineer.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 21

The guy was adament that there was nothing he could do. I mentioned an Engineer several times, and pointed out to him that the performance was below the estimated speeds.

He said he was sorry I "wasn't getting what I'd been promised", but as my "minimum speed was 19Mbps", there was "nothing he could do to help me".

I assume if they don't want to engage an engineer there's no other way for me to get one to come look at the issue? Is there a way I can escalate a complaint?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 21

Request speaking to a manager if you're refused an engineer. You can get one for being below the A range minimum for sure. People come on here every day and have engineer appointments booked.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 21

Is your openreach modem unlocked?? If not, it won't support G.inp and may be the reason why you are below 35mbps.
0 Ratings