cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdlamfrjenkins
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Infinity 1 download speed slower than upload speeds

I have recently upgraded to BT Infinity 1 (three days). I know that the lines do not settle for up to 10 days. However we are supposed to get download speeds of up to 52 Mps and uploads speeds of 8.5Mps. The problem I have got is at can run a speed test at 0600 and achieve the speeds as stated but any other time of the day it fluctuates massively but only with the download speeds. The last test was as slow as 2.5Mps but the upload speed was 10Mps This is can be like this all day. This cannot be right can it.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Infinity 1 download speed slower than upload speeds

Peak time congestion.

BT Wholesale will be working on it.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Please can you please provide BT Wholesale speed test results for different times of the day, including the further diagnostics page? The last test needs to be done at peak times so the results are stored on the BT server.

These must be done using a computer connected to the home hub, using an Ethernet cable.

0 Ratings
rdlamfrjenkins
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

I have carried out for tests on the BT wholsales website and got the following results:

Test 1 Download 51.84MPs     Upload 7.87   at 0700 (All good first thing in the morning)

Test 2 Download 17.86Mps Upload 6.57   at 1438 (Diagnostics states should be getting between 24.50 to 51.28/Contact provider)

Test 3 Download 3.17Mps       Upload 6.88   at 1930 (Diagnostics states no fibre at this address)

Test 4 Download 3.04 Mps Upload 6.57 at 2000 (Diagnostics states no fibre at this address)

There is a steady decline in performance until it hits 3Mps which is pretty rubbish. THe alarming thing is when the diagnostics states there is know fibre at my address. Can't be good.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

I have never know the wholesale speed test report no fibre
0 Ratings