cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhhague
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Infinity 1 - not satisfied!

Had Infinity 1 for 8 days now. Speed is hugely better than on the old AOL copper wifi. However what I am not happy with is the fact that I can only get a strong wifi connection in the hall or lounge. Both areas put me between a metre and  2.5 metres from the Hub4. Once I stray into the dining room or god forbid dare to go into the conservatory I get between no connection or just 2 bars. This appliess to iphone, tablet or brand new laptop. The young lad who fitted the system did say that connection to hub could be worse on fibre than copper but I never thought anything of it. What I would have preferred is that BT cut out BT Sport, BT Cloud and the other bolt ons and give me a wireless connection as good if not a lot better than I had before. I have to add I live in a modest three bed detached house built in the 70's not Sandringham.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Infinity 1 - not satisfied!

you could try moving the hub to another location by using a longer ethernet cable between the hub and the Modem

"The young lad who fitted the system did say that connection to hub could be worse on fibre than copper" that statement is rubbish
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Infinity 1 - not satisfied!

There is some help on this page.

Wireless connection problems

0 Ratings